Dynadot

Why do so many hosts disallow Chinese users/sites?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sparky2002b

Account Closed
Impact
Hi,
I was just curious as to why so many hosts seem to disallow Chinese users and/or websites and/or the Chinese language. I seem to be one of the rare few that allow Chinese signups and I've been getting a mad rush of paid hosting.

What's so bad about asian language hosting?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a hunch here, but I'd assume it probably be related to worries about what kind of content these sites may have given that these individuals would be overseas where laws are different. Probably just trying to avoid troubles in their mind.

•••
I think only free host disallow Chinese websites, paid hosting wil not care.

•••
I think it's because the odds of an online credit card transaction from China being fraudulent are 99.9%. I think you'll also find it's mostly just US companies that have restrictions.

•••
Well I enforce both United States and European Union laws as I am a dual-citizen of USA and Austria, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks, though.

•••
well, paid hosts don't care, it is free hosts that don't like Chinese sites and it is not very hard to understand why, Chinese traffic isn't worth anything (so they won't make anything from their ads). Also they like to abuse free hosts.

•••
where did you get the 99% statistics?

primacomputer said:
I think it's because the odds of an online credit card transaction from China being fraudulent are 99.9%. I think you'll also find it's mostly just US companies that have restrictions.

•••
cache said:
where did you get the 99% statistics?
Take the number of credit cards issued in China. Divide it by the population of China That gives you the percentage that can possibly do a valid transaction. Or just take a look at all the places that won't process an order with a China address.

•••
primacomputer said:
Take the number of credit cards issued in China. Divide it by the population of China That gives you the percentage that can possibly do a valid transaction. Or just take a look at all the places that won't process an order with a China address.

I think when you divide the population, it is not the same as what you said in your previous post. I think a lot of places don't have international shipping, that is different than saying the credit card being bad.

•••
cache said:
I think when you divide the population, it is not the same as what you said in your previous post. I think a lot of places don't have international shipping, that is different than saying the credit card being bad.
It's close enough. 1.3 billion population. 0.03 billion credit cards. Personally my experience with fraudulent credit card orders from China is 100%.
No one ships hosting, domestically or internationally. Shipping isn't the issue.. What “places” don't have international shipping? I've never been to a country that doesn't. I have, however seen a lot of companies that won't ship internationally, even more that won't ship to particular fraud trouble spots.

•••
racism maybe? lol
i am not so sure...it cant be the language thing tht other pplz cant understand or w.e cuz other languages r allowed...but chineese is not...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back