IT.COM

Why do parking services have minimums?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello, this is my first post and I am a super newb. I own 4 domains (plan on buying more little by little) and I would like to park them. I tried to sign up for parked.com and they have a 10 name minimum.

I hope to get to 10 fairly soon but this bursted my excited newbie bubble a bit.

Any suggestions on what I could do with these names other than sitting on them until I reach the minimum?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sedo and NameDrive will take you, some companies go even higher than parked with 50 or 100+ minimums as customer service is an issue and they would rather deal with bigger guys that own hundreds or thousands of domains than to support customer service on a million people with only a handful of names, It's more about quality of domains over quantity, when there are no standards to entry then the quality will be low which can dilute their ad feed and lower payouts as well so some of the better places don't want junk on their ad feed so they enforce quality standards to get in.

Last edited:
•••
I think GoldKey.com also accept you with one domain. If they are still around. I think Parked is the best parking company. YMMV.

•••
What if it was 4 great .coms like Game.com Sports.com Dating.com etc... would Parked still refuse you? Doesnt make much sense to require 10 names min. even if its only one amazing name.

•••
What if it was 4 great .coms like Game.com Sports.com Dating.com etc... would Parked still refuse you? Doesnt make much sense to require 10 names min. even if its only one amazing name.

If you owned those the minimum would go out the window as quality trumps quantity, could get you in anywhere with those.

•••
Well they are not anything that would make them bend the rules. If they were that great I doubt I would park them at all.

Last edited:
•••
Well they are not anything that would make them bend the rules. If they were that great I doubt I would park them at all. Here is 2 of the names.

Boulderseedling.com
boulderseedlings.com

Go with Sedo.com or NameDrive.com as they have no minimum requirements then later on when you have more give Parked.com or any of the others a try.

•••
Most companies have a minimum to see the commercial value of your names and whether they feel they will work on their platforms when you submit them. Like someone pointed out though, if you have great generics, it doesn't usually matter if you have a small amount...quality over quantity.

•••
If you have great generic name, contact parking services directly. Dotzup, smartname, domainsponsor all accepts even with low names.. If its really a premium domain

•••
I think GoldKey.com also accept you with one domain. If they are still around. I think Parked is the best parking company. YMMV.

I tried GoldKey, but unfortunately they are asking for more domains. Can someone help me with it.. And I cannot opt for a premium one. Thanks in advance.

•••
Check out Noomle - there is not limit to start with and best of all, you keep all the revenue, and support is outstanding.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back