NameSilo

Why changing nameserver delay at GoDaddy !!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lovely4ever

Top Member
Impact
Why changing name server at godaddy delaying !!??
It is usually taking only minutes , but today its been hours and still pending !!

1644509274112.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you checked whois? Maybe it is updated and it's just stuck saying pending.

Otherwise, is there no way to 'update' again?

Otherwise, things break sometimes. Contact their support, there may be an issue they're unaware of.

•••
Have you checked whois? Maybe it is updated and it's just stuck saying pending.

Otherwise, is there no way to 'update' again?

Otherwise, things break sometimes. Contact their support, there may be an issue they're unaware of.

i checked the whois , still the same no change .
domains stuck under ( pending update ) status !

i contacted the customer support , As usual the useless staff didnt know what to do and advising to wait more hours !!!

•••
Ah, okay. Problems happen everywhere, but in general I think the bigger the company, the worse it is in terms of support or fixing problems or contacting someone who can help.

•••
How many names did you change?

•••
•••
I only see they have problems with a lot of names.
One time I changed around 2,000 names and it took for ever.
I have to break it up into small lot 200 names at a time.
They should not have problems for 4 names.
Try to log out and log back in again.

•••
Have a look here:
https://www.whatsmydns.net/
just enter the domain and see where -and if- it resolves. It might be that you get a cached status from a whois or from the interface.

•••
Nothing changed , still pending !!!!

•••
Next question: what extension.
.xyz will take a while

•••
•••
Not sure if related, but I've just experienced an enormous delay registering two .xyz domains through GoDaddy. After successful payment, and email confirmation, it took a couple of hours before whois info for these domains appeared. During that time, the domains weren't visible in dcc.godaddy.com either. Now they are, finally.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back