Dynadot

Why .CA registry took back my name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainnews

domaining story-tellerTop Member
Impact
Hi ,guys yestoday i regged Bentley.ca and took back by registry today without any emails when i checked my account

Whats wrong in the world with .CA registry?:xf.cry: beraking my heart:arghh:

only refund but no any compensations? sucks!

Could i file a law suit against .CA registry?

any good advice will be much appreciat it!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I registered bitcoin.pt, uploaded a website and all that just to find out after 3 days they took it from me.

What did i do? nothing, because things happen. So just move on man + not even a good name...

Maybe your trying to find loopholes to get a reimbursement from the registrars when they take back the names because you are mentioning a lot about these reimbursement things??????
But then again I could be wrong.

Last edited:
•••
...a canonical example of a mentality gap between east and west

laws? what laws?? we already shook hands. you kiddin?!

ps. what's the difference: Chinese-Canadian vs Canadian-Chinese ?

•••
I registered bitcoin.pt, uploaded a website and all that just to find out after 3 days they took it from me.

What did i do? nothing, because things happen. So just move on man + not even a good name...

Maybe your trying to find loopholes to get a reimbursement from the registrars when they take back the names because you are mentioning a lot about these reimbursement things??????
I decided to not buy .pt domains anymore, they don't have clear ToS, and behave like domainers ...!

•••
Don't waste your time with getting a lawyer.

Pay me $10,000 instead and I will offer you all the advice you need.

•••
•••
Why .CA registry took back my name?
🚩

BECAUSE THEY CANADA
Based on their policies.
cira.ca/legal-policy-compliance/policies

However, it was anyway never your (nor your canadian friend's) domain name.
It was an error by
(the system of) the registrar as the registrar should only display domain names that are indeed available.

Simply forget this domain name and see it as a fortune that you did not get it.
Because the
TM risks that are connected with it are relatively high.

PS Beside all seriousness, this thread is entertaining.

Last edited:
•••
Most likely it's the name of a Canadian town, region or municipality. Those are normally reserved.

•••
Please get a lawyer and SUE CANADA
We're very misbehaving.

•••
🚩

BECAUSE THEY CANADA
Based on their policies.
cira.ca/legal-policy-compliance/policies

However, it was anyway never your (nor your canadian friend's) domain name.
It was an error by
(the system of) the registrar as the registrar should only display domain names that are indeed available.

Simply forget this domain name and see it as a fortune that you did not get it.
Because the
TM risks that are connected with it are relatively high.

PS Beside all seriousness, this thread is entertaining.
according to your point of view,the rigistery should have token it from me,because F uckbook.online are similar to the facebook,but the fact is I registered F uckbook.online successfully,and that name(bentley) is regged by my Canadaian friend,against the rules?

Last edited:
•••
Please get a lawyer and SUE CANADA
We're very misbehaving.
not only .CA registry but also some canadaians are much more rampant beyond people 's imagination,but
as a Chinese people ,who cares who dares!

•••
Most likely it's the name of a Canadian town, region or municipality. Those are normally reserved.
I dont know for sure until the registry got me an email,but until now,i dont get their an email from them

•••
Don't waste your time with getting a lawyer.

Pay me $10,000 instead and I will offer you all the advice you need.
ah,your valuable advice is ,just share it with us!

•••
ah,your valuable advice is ,just share it with us!

I was joking. You have already been given all the advice you need.

Forget about it and move on.

•••

Hi,man you should have taken legal action at that time ,because BITCOIN is common word,not only not related to trademark but also not Administrative name ,once i regged .Adult.xxx and took back by ICMregistry as well ,they make an apology and said in the email its their systerm erro,then they returned my reg fees with an email at the beginning,but after several times in negotiation with them ,i told them that i will file law suit to the local in the US court and i have turned to the laywer, at the same time,i emailed to the ICANN and BBB.ORG for help as well as UDRP in Asia,finally,i got my rebursements from the registry(not reg fees)
BTW,i used to reg .PT as well,but now still lying in my account!

Last edited:
•••

Hi,man ,you should have taken legal action at that time ,because BITCOIN is common word,not only not related to trademark but also not Administrative name ,once i regged .Adult.xxx and took back by ICMregistry as well ,they made an apology and said in the email its their systerm erro,then they returned my reg fees with an email at the beginning,but after several times in negotiation with them ,i told them that i will file law suit to the local in the US court and i have turned to the laywer, at the same time,i emailed to the ICANN and BBB.ORG for help as well as UDRP in Asia,finally,i got my rebursements from the registry(not reg fees)
BTW,i used to reg .PT as well,but now still lying in my account!

•••
I was joking. You have already been given all the advice you need.

Forget about it and move on.
thanks for your joking!

•••
You're not Canadian, end of story.
im not Canadian and i dont take pride in being a canadian as well ,but regged by my canadian friend,that make sense?

Last edited:
•••
Cira is still having issues. I use namesilo bulk search feature religeously
Showing rosevalley.ca to register. All registrar are. Its not available.
Maybe get your friend to register that one at namesilo have two reports to fill out.

Maybe i was wrong about the friend thing, dunno. But some names are reserved and showing available, since CIRA did their improvements. No one can own bentley, namesilo would have refunded you regardless of how many times you emailed them in middle of night.
Keep us posted on the lawyer thing, cira was definitely in wrong allowing anyone to reg that or any restricted/reserved .ca

Well....Im so disappointed about namesilo 's poor services because they refunded me without an email ,even never sent me an email until i emailed them asking why the domain took back,then they emailed me and said they dont know and has no option to active it,just go and ask for .CA Registry ,what a poor services!and i never emailed any emails to the namesilo to ask for a refund in the middle of night.

Last edited:
•••
I think sites like Marcaria and others have trustee service for .ca domains.

•••
•••
Bentley Alberta
If they totally reserved that name then nobody could create it again,but the fact is opposite, i made it which shown its .CA registry 's fault,

just take a look at these state :Adult.xxx

Reserved by ICM Registry. See http://www.icm.xxx/reserved for more information
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2019-02-18T21:17:45Z <<<

This name is totally reserved by the ICM registry,so noboday can creat it again

here is another example,Romania.info

Domain Name: ROMANIA.INFO
Registry Domain ID: D1502-LRMS
Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL:
Updated Date: 2002-08-09T14:31:39Z
Creation Date: 2001-07-25T18:49:59Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2006-07-25T18:49:59Z

Still,no one cant creat it again,thats totally controlled by the registry

Take alook at this name:bogota.co
Domain Name: bogota.co
Registry Domain ID: D731678-CO
Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL: www.cointernet.com.co
Updated Date: 2015-05-11T16:28:10Z
Creation Date: 2010-04-23T08:16:10Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-04-22T23:59:59Z
Registrar: Restricted and Reserved names .COInternet
Registrar IANA ID: 672943168
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Domain Status: serverTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#serverTransferProhibited
Domain Status: inactive https://icann.org/epp#inactive

This is a domain that reserved by the .CO registry as well,but not totally reserved ,as you can see from the info below ,and if the registry forget to renew it then ,someone still has the chance to reg it again,and if the registry wanna took it back ,then they has to pay for it.

bentley.ca
Domain Name: bentley.ca
Registry Domain ID: 74097205-CIRA
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.ca.fury.ca
Registrar URL: www.namesilo.com
Updated Date: 2019-02-17T02:19:29Z
Creation Date: 2019-02-17T02:19:29Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-02-17T02:19:29Z
Registrar: NameSilo Canada, Inc.

from the info shown above,we could conclude that maybe .CA registry forgot to renew that name ,and expired and deleted,if in that case,then,its registry 's fault

Last edited:
•••
If they totally reserved that name then nobody could create it again,but the fact is opposite, i made it which shown its .CA registry 's fault,

Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL:

from the info shown above,we could conclude that maybe .CA registry forgot to renew that name ,and expired and deleted,if in that case,then,its registry 's fault

The domain status clearly states: Domain Status: pendingCreate https://icann.org/epp#pendingCreate

Domain activation is pending

CIRA Rules for Registering Municipal Names as Second Level Domain Names

• The Registrant Name on the domain application must be the full legal name of the government entity (e.g. The Corporation of the City of ***).
  • A letter must be faxed to CIRA on the municipal government's letterhead, by a signing authority of the municipal government, such as Mayor, Treasurer, Town Manager, Town Administrator, etc. (i.e. the letter cannot be signed by the web designer hired to do the website for the municipality or by the Mayor`s secretary) to authorize the domain name application.
  • The letter to CIRA must also appoint another individual in the municipality's administration to be the administrative contact for the domain registration. The appointed administrative contact cannot be the same person who signs the appointment letter.
  • The domain name, once registered, cannot be transferred to a third party and is deemed to be held by the Municipality, not the individual(s) who registered the domain.
Once you complete all the above steps, you might have a chance of getting your domain.

Last edited:
•••

Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL:

Registrar WHOIS Server:
Domain Status: serverTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#serverTransferProhibited

This is a domain that reserved by the .CO registry as well,but not totally reserved ,as you can see from the info below ,and if the registry forget to renew it then ,someone still has the chance to reg it again,and if the registry wanna took it back ,then they has to pay for it.

bentley.ca

Last edited:
•••

Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL:

Registrar WHOIS Server:

You did not create anything, your domain is pending creation based on you completing the above steps.

You can't even change the nameservers on the domain, you can't do anything, your domain has no functions open to it. Everything is pending your completion of the process.

•••
You did not create anything, your domain is pending creation based on you completing the above steps.

You can't even change the nameservers on the domain, you can't do anything, your domain has no functions open to it. Everything is pending your completion of the process.
so,if.CA registry totally reserved that name so that no one has the desire and chance to risk it, overall,
which proved .CA registry careless and irresponsible as well as unreliable,untrusted!
teach them a lesson!
as the English saying goes,reap what you sow!

bentley.ca

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back