Dynadot

Why are GoDaddy Renewals and Privacy so expensive?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Renewed a domain with Moniker and I was shocked at how low the renewal price was. Godaddy is easily 2X the price without coupons. Why are their renewal fees and privacy so expensive?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why are you checking the price without coupons??
I have many domains with Godaddy and always gets best price on renewals in the industry.

•••
Er, because they have to cover the losses from all the $1.99 registrations?

•••
Er, because they have to cover the losses from all the $1.99 registrations?

:talk:

exactly, folks can't see the wool cuz they trying to screw the sheep

and why do you need privacy?

•••
I wouldn't choose Moniker as my Registrar. They've been going down hill. They'll survive, but I think their service is crap. I don't choose GoDaddy as my registrar because they restrict the number of whois lookups you make (on your own domains) to something over 100 and less than 200 a day. It's the only reason why I left them. Not domainer friendly, at all. I chose Dynadot as my Registrar, and I'm happy with them in terms of Price and Service ($8.50 .com registrations and renewals and up to 5000 whois lookups a day). No coupon hunt (which I hate).

Last edited:
•••
Domain registration price at GoDaddy are lower than other registrars, so renewal prices may be higher to compensate.

•••
Expensive domain renewals at Godaddy, are needed to pay for all the race cars that Danica Patrick has sent to the wall and totaled during every Nascar season.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back