IT.COM

status-monitor Why am I being logged out?

NameSilo
Watch

ikhub

Top Member
Impact
Everytime I open namepros in chrome I need to login, even if I check the "stay logged in" option. Noticed this from today only. Anyone facing same issue or its me only?

Updates from NamePros:

Update on Mar 1, 2017 at 12:48 AM EST:

Login rates are returning to normal levels and we're no longer able to reproduce the issue. If you're still being logged out repeatedly, please let us know.

On Feb 28, Amazon Web Services, a popular service provider, experienced significant outages, resulting in several features on NamePros and other websites partially breaking. These issues were unrelated and were resolved by Amazon.

--Paul Buonopane

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
me too facing the same issue from today only

•••
•••
Same here. It happened last night.

Thanks

•••
•••
Same here..even after finally signing in..was going to reply to a thread..but had to sign in again. But hasn't happened again

•••
•••
Same here, it is very annoying.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Same.

Only getting kicked off NP if I totally leave Chrome and then get back on Chrome then go to NP.

If I stay on Chrome but enter and leave NP, I will remain logged in

•••
There seems to be session time out as well, for idle sessions. If we stay on and do some "browsing" we are good. if we leave it idle for sometime and try to refresh the site, getting kicked out.

•••
Same here. I thought it was just me at first.

•••
Yep me too.
NP need to fix this.

•••
Today - necessary to repeatedly " Log In " although always select the remain
logged - in option.

Last edited:
•••
Same here on my mobile (Chrome), after closing the NP tab for a while.

•••
it'll all be over and gone before you say glitch or bug.

•••
Oh thought it was just me.

I do know namepros uses cloudflare which has a lot of issues right now due to an found exploit.

Paul is probably trying to resolve something to do with that.

•••
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know. Here are details of the change:
I rewrote the code behind the "Remember Me" login option to "harden" it (increase its security), as I wasn't fond of how XenForo implemented it; forcing cookie invalidating was too cumbersome, among other issues. I've reset the session cookies again accordingly. If you weren't logged out before, you should have been logged out this time.

We'll continue to investigate.

•••
•••
For clarity: Everyone should have been logged out from all devices a single time. That was caused by a security improvement/upgrade to the login system.

However, once you select "Stay logged in" and login again, you should stay logged into NamePros on that device for at least 30 days. If you uncheck "Stay logged in" then you should stay logged in on that device for at least 1 hour.

Hope that helps,

•••
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know. Here are details of the change:

We'll continue to investigate.

well it happens randomyl all over the place..

for instance I was just viewing some threads alrigth without prbolem.. then the moment I clicked LIKE, I had to login to complete it :)

•••
Yeah with stay logged in checked once I exit this site and go back, it is logged out.

•••
Yeah, I got logged out like 3 times. But it seems to be okay now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back