IT.COM

status-intentional Getting logged out again and 1 more issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

creataweb

Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School PhotoTop Member
Impact
Maybe it's just me? I am getting logged out more frequently than before.

Except for a recent issue that was resolved I usually don't have to login again this soon. It happened a few times recently.

Also I can't seem to use right-click on NP anymore. Sometimes I need to open another tab so I don't lose my spot and now it doesn't work.

I tested another site and it works fine so it's an issue here apparently.

Anyone else have these issues as well?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello @creataweb,

There appears to be two issues at play here. The logout issue is probably because we've deployed a series of updates over the past few days. For your security, when we update, we often require everyone to log in again. The circumstances under which this happens vary, and are usually determined by the underlying software we use.

It looks like you're using an old, unsupported version of Chrome. Google has formally dropped support for that version, but newer versions aren't available on Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 (you appear to be on 10.7). We have special code to handle clicking to mitigate a subtle security vulnerability in most web browsers. Newer web browsers support a much more elegant technique for mitigating this, but yours doesn't. It's possible that we'll be able to improve this workaround over time to restore right-clicking, but I can't make any promises. It's more likely that we'll remove the code entirely, and you'll be on your own (just like you are on most other websites, including Google.) If you want to regain the ability to securely open links in new tabs (on any website), then you'll need to update to the latest versions of Mac OS X and Chrome.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back