Dynadot

status-monitor Why am I being logged out?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ikhub

Top Member
Impact
Everytime I open namepros in chrome I need to login, even if I check the "stay logged in" option. Noticed this from today only. Anyone facing same issue or its me only?

Updates from NamePros:

Update on Mar 1, 2017 at 12:48 AM EST:

Login rates are returning to normal levels and we're no longer able to reproduce the issue. If you're still being logged out repeatedly, please let us know.

On Feb 28, Amazon Web Services, a popular service provider, experienced significant outages, resulting in several features on NamePros and other websites partially breaking. These issues were unrelated and were resolved by Amazon.

--Paul Buonopane

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Inspite of clicking stay logged in, its still logs out every time.

•••
As long as the browser stays open, that works. Once I close chrome down though and re open it, it's still logged out.

•••
We changed how persistent logins work recently, and I think I know why they're not working properly. Debugging now.

•••
•••
It's cos NP doesn't like you guys anymore, cos you all suck...take the hint... Bwhahahah Just kidding :)

It's happening to me as well...everytime i leave it idle for a while when I come back it shows me as logged off.

•••
Still happening. Might I suggest....

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :xf.wink:

•••
I would have to agree.. its rarely a good idea to fix stuff that isn't broken.

cheers

•••
For your info... I just clicked away from namepros about a minute ago, came back and had to login again :(

•••
For your info... I just clicked away from namepros about a minute ago, came back and had to login again :(
The story of my life in the past 24 hours.

•••
This should be fixed now, but you'll need to log in again for it to take effect. It turned out to be something pretty simple; the session cookies weren't set to last as long as the actual sessions.

•••
Just kidding; now it's really fixed. Why does stuff always work in testing and break in production? :P

•••
It's cos NP doesn't like you guys anymore, cos you all suck...take the hint... Bwhahahah Just kidding :) .....

@deez007 Should I send Ezio Auditore? :ninja: Take the hint... :xf.grin::xf.grin:(y)

•••
Yes, now seems to be fixed. Each device logged in is staying logged in. :)

•••
Thanks to everyone who reported this. The more info and test cases we have, the easier it is to fix bugs.

•••
I keep getting constnantly disconnected still.

np is setup in such a waty that it makes it bit hard to notice your off til you try to post something or hit like button lol :)

•••
Still happening here too. Its like when i change devices i am logged out.

•••

I only got one device here lol
so it ain't the device for me ;)

•••
If it's still happening, it's probably because you didn't log in again.

This should be fixed now, but you'll need to log in again for it to take effect. It turned out to be something pretty simple; the session cookies weren't set to last as long as the actual sessions.

•••
You'll need to login again on each device to fix it. If it still happens after that, please let us know.

Thanks,

•••
•••
Still have to log in every time i get on NP. So still not fixed.

•••
•••
OMG so many "same here".

So, same here

+_____________+

•••
OMG so many "same here".

So, same here

+_____________+

Agreed :)

Happens here too so let me say it loud and clear: same heeere!

Damn this logout stuff is so annoying !

•••
not working after multiple logouts and logins.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back