NameSilo

discuss Who's Going for .CYou?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
When you think you've seen enough madness with nGTLDs, Shortdot decided to take the madness to the next level with .cyou.

I know Domainers for who we are. We're still going to send millions of dollars down the toilet registering this even at high registry fee.

I agreed I don't know much about this new extension. Maybe there's something in there that is worth looking into. So, who's going for this? And why?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of All the extentions left, what is it like year 2087 ? 🤔

•••
I wonder which genius came up with the idea for the name. I want to see the faces of everyone in the board room that thought it is a wonderful idea and worth throwing money at...

Out of all possible 4 letter and even 3 letter combos!!!

By the way, who remembers the kinda great chat that existed before skypes, whatsapps etc and was called ICQ? )) It was pronounced as "I seek you" ) You would be assigned a random number and 6 figure numbers were hot commodity. I had one at the time, I think it was 163563 )

Mine was 114188504 ...
And i was way too happy to be an @Aop on irc 😁

•••
Mine was 114188504 ...
And i was way too happy to be an @Aop on irc 😁

)))) I had my IRC channel with hundreds of live chatters at any time. My first development was a site for that community.

•••
Perhaps the worst extension I have ever seen

Agree. It's incredible someone invested substantial amounts of money in it and now marketing dollars too.

Some people have so much money or venture capital behind them they want to spend it.

I think .sucks serves a purpose and is better than .cyou and what about .horse?

Ironically the .cyou website talks about the high value of domains passing the radio test however its own extension fails the test since it's cyou and not seeyou :xf.smile:

Which one is the worst, sucks horse or cyou? I nominate .cyou

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you have to spell the right side of the dot to people then that tells you something. Someone had too much money and too many drinking parties. Lol.

Last edited:
•••
Am I missing something? I can’t imagine a single reason to use .Cyou. It’s the worst new tld to date as far as I’m concerned.

•••
•••
•••
•••
this tld is unbelievable garbage to exist...

•••
I see one reason to register "see you" domain. It will make "+1 extension taken" to yours .com's for 1 USD (it depends) :)
Same applies to .xyz / .club / etc :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back