NameSilo

domain whop.co

SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
18,695
whop receives over 2,900 searches per month on Google

Verb - hit hard.
Noun - a heavy blow, or the sound of such a blow.

There is a radio station in Kentucky called Whop AM - so music industry niche might be a possibility?

think it is a short catchy memorable name - 8 other extensions already taken -any thoughts would be great!!
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Howsit.

I like whop.co. I brokered fans.co for $9,999 USD. (I feel the sweet spot for one word .co domain names is between $9,999 - $15,000 USD).

Here are some four-letter .co reported domain name sales:
  • flix.co $13,750 USD 2010-10-06 .CO Landrush Auctions
  • docs.co $13,000 USD 2010-10-13 .CO Landrush Auctions
  • book.co $12,537 USD 2016-04-05 Sedo
  • egay.co $12,130 USD 2006-01-17 Sedo
  • flip.co $10,600 USD 2010-10-06 Private
  • easy.co $10,500 USD 2013-01-09 Sedo
  • duck.co $10,455 USD 2006-04-11 Sedo
  • pass.co $10,376 USD 2015-03-23 Sedo
  • rise.co $10,000 USD 2017-11-26 Efty
  • pose.co $10,000 USD 2015-11-03 Sedo
  • lola.co $10,000 USD 2015-10-08 Sedo
  • hale.co $10,000 USD 2015-06-26 Uniregistry
  • lock.co $10,000 USD 2014-03-19 Sedo
  • zoom.co $10,000 USD 2010-10-06 Private
  • fans.co $9,999 USD 2014-09-03 Uniregistry
  • piso.co $9,950 USD 2010-12-01 T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
  • haus.co $9,297 USD 2014-08-27 Sedo
 
3
•••
Thanks for your input mate appreciate it - as a broker/past broker Your input is highly valuable for me and I appreciate you taking the time out to respond - I'm fairly new to the industry (you commented on my .co.uk thread) and in that thread I got very different opinions on pricing which is always good to see - as there are many professionals on this site with their own opinions, which is helping me weed out the good from the bad and helping with the learning curve that i am on

Thanks again!
 
0
•••
Definitely. Keep learning, took me many years to hone the craft. I still am passionate about the industry, as soon as someone mentions the words domain name, my ears perk up.
 
1
•••
Agree - Think it is a great industry, because of the use of words, trends and the business/sales aspect make it a fascinating industry to be a part of as I'm learning something new on a daily basis from each part of the process
 
1
•••
Wow very detailed set of .co comparable (at least loosely) sales in the superb answer from @Darryl Lopes. What would you think is the right range for whop, in the sweet spot you mention? Of the names listed, I would think that hale and zoom are perhaps most comparable - which suggests about $10,000.

Have there been sales of whop in other extensions? I see that the .com is currently for sale as is the .net. The only exact name sale I could find for whop is $10 in the .me extension.

The super low value suggested by GoValue may be a hindrance to a high price if the potential purchaser places any trust in automated worth estimates.

Good luck with it! @MrAcidic While it is a word, I think it may be a challenge finding a company that wants to brand with it, and competing with both .com and .net for sale simultaneously will also enter into the equation.

ps I notice that whopco.com is a Chinese pest control company - had not thought of whop in that sense, but it does make sense.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Great reply Bob - very good idea on the pest control industry - same here that would never entered my mind!

Thanks for the detailed info
 
0
•••
Another thought I had was for an app game along the lines of those whop a mole games.
 
1
•••
LOVE IT!! That is an absolute cracker........will look into game developers
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back