Not open for further replies.

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
short domains are more memorable

Popular Term: sallied receives over 319 searches per month on Google

MEANING:
verb (used without object), sallied
to set out briskly or energetically / to issue forth.
to set out on a side trip or excursion.
to make a sally, as a body of troops from a besieged place.

Thoughts would be appreciated!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the problem is that no one would know what sallied means.

For example, just the other day sliped.com dropped and was available to hand register. It looks good, but what on earth does it mean? I think someone has since bought it, but I can't imagine anyone would want it.

I suspect you might have the same problem.

The other issue is your domain is also available in pretty much any other extension, including .net and .org

Last edited:
•••
I think the problem is that no one would know what sallied means.

For example, just the other day sliped.com dropped and was available to hand register. It looks good, but what on earth does it mean? I think someone has since bought it, but I can't imagine anyone would want it.

I suspect you might have the same problem.

The other issue is your domain is also available in pretty much any other extension, including .net and .org

good point - Just because I Know what it means does not mean everyone else will - making it less likely to be brandable - I don't mind as much if other extensions are available, I know it shows popularity of the word/s

Might just set this up as blog for short hiking trips etc with a comment section so people can share their experiences and see if it can gain any traction

Thanks for the reply - appreciate it

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back