NameSilo

services Whois privacy will be free soon for most domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
ICANN has proposed a new Whois model that would anonymize the majority of domain name registrants’ personal data by default, only giving access to the data to certain certified entities such as the police.
Technical data such as the registrar (and their abuse contact), registration and expiry dates, status code, name servers and DNSSEC information would still be displayed.
Depending on how registrars implement the model in practice (they have the option to apply it to all domains everywhere) this means that the majority of the world’s 188 million gTLD domains will probably be affected...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think that GDPR would (or should) apply to .us :xf.wink:
I thought this too, but it could apply because it still affects entities outside the EU who process the data of EU citizens or EU residents - so someone could be qualified to register a .us but live in the EU and so be covered by the GDPR.

•••
This news are Magnific!! now Trump wont know my address when he realizes Iam the owner of certain Trump domains! LOL :hilarious::hilarious::xf.grin::xf.laugh::ROFL::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::joyful:
He'll still know. He's probably tweeting about you now.

•••
Whois privacy will be free soon for most domains
It already is free for most domains at Dynadot. :cigar:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back