Dynadot

question WHOIS privacy protection - Domain | Domains | Euro Domain | EASY

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jerryperes

Established Member
Impact
Anyone used WHOIS privacy protection for domain? Any advantage?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if you bought domain for sell then don't use whois protection.
it will hide you contact details like email

•••
if you bought domain for sell then don't use whois protection.
it will hide you contact details like email

Incorrect, almost every privacy service will forward emails to you. OP, this topic has been talked about numerous times. Try doing a search.

•••
Some forward, some don't. Check with your Registrar on that. As for the benefits, with privacy on, you do not have to worry about your email address being harvested by spammers. I would add it at the time of registration whenever possible.

https://www.dynadot.com/domain/privacy.html

•••
I would add it at the time of registration whenever possible.

As long as were on the topic, are you ever going to offer free lifetime privacy like a number of the other popular registrars on here do?

•••
•••
@Dynadot

Your privacy is unuseful even for free...
Because your email in WHOIS is not personalized and doesn't work in forwarding mode...

•••
•••
@Dynadot

Your privacy is unuseful even for free...
Because your email in WHOIS is not personalized and doesn't work in forwarding mode...

Can you explain what you mean? We have the option to include your name, or not. Yes, all domains use the one [email protected] address, but messages are still forwarded based on the domain name provided.

•••
I mean that most registrars provide a personalized proxy-email which just forwards all email-traffic...
They don't filter Subj and Body, and they don't keep these emails on their servers...

•••
Some registrars can even rotate this proxy-email every few days...

•••
Thank you. That's something to consider.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf - We discussed your suggestion today and will be moving to personalized privacy addresses. Unfortunately, we have already outlined our goals and projects for the year, but the change has been given high priority for 2018. Thank you again for your suggestion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back