IT.COM

WHOIS Lookup Script - GoDaddy Affiliate Link - Adsense - Make money from your site!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make money from your site!

Demo here

More info here

---

Affiliate link to GoDaddy

Adsense and GoDaddy banners

1,500 extensions supported

New generic TLDs supported

Set maximum lookups

Set time between lookups

Block IP addresses

Optional CAPTCHA

Single or multiple lookups

Internal or external style sheet

No branding

Very easy to install, just one file

Free installation if required

Free upgrades for life

Free friendly support for life

---

WHOIS Lookup Script is a PHP script that you download and install on your website. It offers a WHOIS lookup service which your site visitors can use to find ownership details of domain names or to see if a name is available for registration.

It comes in a free version and a pro version. You can make money with the pro script. You can show an affiliate link to GoDaddy if a name is available which links directly to the GoDaddy search result page showing the available name. Also with the pro script you can show a Google Adsense banner or GoDaddy banner.

Check out the demos!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
is there a limit to the number of look ups?

•••
Hi Voodoomoodoo. Thank you for your question.

You can set a limit yourself in the script. You can set a maximum number of lookups or you can set the time between lookups. None of these limits are set by default.

Some WHOIS servers have limits and will restrict the number of lookups. It's difficult to get exact information on this as most registries don't publish such data but in practice you shouldn't really have a problem.

Have a look at the info on my homepage http://whoislookupscript.com/ and check out the demo http://whoislookupscript.com/demo_pro_script.php

Best wishes.

•••
•••
Is it possible to just write in the .extension instead of using the drop down menu? Also is it hard making a bulk search possible with this script?

•••
Hi Vivaldi. Thank you for your questions.

You can't write the extension, you have to select it from the dropdown or in the case of looking up multiple/bulk names you have to check checkboxes.

I took a decision when I wrote the script to do it this way so there is more control over the entered data. If people are entering extensions there is potential for mistakes from typos, spaces, dots in the wrong place etc etc, which would need a bit of parsing to try and correct. For me, much better to work with CORRECT hard-coded extensions in the script.

I also figured it was a lot easier for visitors to pick an extension from a dropdown as opposed to typing it, or in the case of the multiple lookup to check checkboxes.

It does have a bulk search. If you click on the "lookup multiple domains" link you will see the form for looking up multiple names and extensions. Is this what you mean by "bulk"? I also have another script Domain Checker Pro that does bulk lookups by reading from lists in files and can do hundreds of thousands of lookups.

Any questions, just let me know.

Best wishes.

•••
Does this support multiple requests from IP's so that 500+ can be checked live, without being blocked?

E.G. someone having 100 or so IP addresses, can they rotate to check the name to ensure they're not banned?

•••
Hi David.

Thank you for your question.

No, it doesn't have that support. I figure most people will use it for .com which doesn't appear to have any limit in place. For other registries, if the IP address gets blocked it's normally for 24 hours.

It's something I am aware of and will keep an eye on.

•••
I am facing error for .name extension page is going blank.. can you look it?

•••
I am facing error for .name extension page is going blank.. can you look it?
Nothing wrong that I can see. Are you talking about the demo or do you have a copy of the Pro script?

•••
It's something I am aware of and will keep an eye on.
That would be an excellent feature to add, or if it's "open source" (code intact), could we modify it for our own purposes without giving that bit away + code?

This is intended for power-searches. :)

•••
Hi David.

It's not open source as such but all the code is included. It's just PHP. Sure you could adapt it for your own use so long as it was just for your own use.

Best wishes.

•••
•••
Very easy to install, just one file. Will work without any configuration, just upload it to your webspace.

•••
Make money from Adsense or GoDaddy banners.

•••
Free installation if required.

•••
Any questions, just let me know.

•••
Just give this a little bump. Haven't been here for a while. Any questions, just let me know. Cheers.

•••
Very easy to set up, just one file.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back