Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

php Whois lookup script (free)

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

samscripts

Established Member
Impact
3
My new, oh-so-imaginatively-titled "Sams Whois" script lets you set up a whois lookup service on your own website in just a couple of minutes.

Main features:
  • Supports major tlds (com,net,org,info,biz,us,etc) - and others can be easily added
  • Checks authorative server as well as registry server for com and net
  • Really easy installation
  • Can hilight important items in the whois data for easy viewing of results
  • Can remove extraneous text from whois results like whois server terms of use (for supported whois servers)
  • Can require users to enter a random code displayed as an image to stop abuse of the service.
  • Can cache lookup results to reduce server usage
  • Simple configuration of various options.
  • Heavily commented example usage file included + documentation online.
Requirements: web-server with php

Docs, features & download link: http://whois.samscripts.com/

Example Site: http://www.tldme.com/

Quickstart Guide: http://whois.samscripts.com/documentation/quickstart-guide.htm

Sams Whois is free to use as long as you provide a visible link back to http://whois.samscripts.com on any site using the script. If you don't want to provide a link, the price is $10 per site you use the script on (see http://whois.samscripts.com/donate.htm).

enjoy :D

Sam
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
is there a template system on it?
 
0
•••
No - I thought about it, but decided it wasn't really neccessary - its pretty simple to change the css or edit the html in the file itself.

I might add one in the future though.
 
0
•••
Great looking resource. I've downloaded it, and might try it on one of my sites.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by armstrong
Great looking resource. I've downloaded it, and might try it on one of my sites.

:tu: thanks Armstrong. I hope you do try it... I tried to make it as easy to install as possible, so any comments or feedback on whether I succeeded will be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Sam
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back