Whois information

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

amosba

Established Member
Impact
3
I have a question about contact requirements for Whois information. Is it allowable to just have a company name as the domain owner, technical contact, etc, or must you specify an actual person's name? ie, Does my company have to nominate a person within the organisation as the contact person, or so long as I provide a valid address, phone number and email will I be okay just listing "Domain Owner"?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
yes, I put anything there.
 
0
•••
AFAIK a company name is OK. Actually I think it's the best option.
If the person leaves the company some day and you have trouble transfering the domain etc the registrar may ask for some ID. It happens with Enom or Network Solutions when you want to move a domain but you don't have the admin login etc.
 
0
•••
Yes, you can put your Company's name inspite of putting your name.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back