Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Whois Domaintools Problem

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

sjkstone

New Member
Impact
0
I have an account with Domaintools and always use their whois to research domains.
Last night I found a great domain and it said that it was previously registered and available again so I proceeded to use their partner Spry to register the domain but Spry said that it was taken.
I thought maybe my timing was bad but I looked it up again tonight and Domaintools still says its available.
I normally use Namecheap and even they say it has been taken.
Last year a similar situation happened where I even registered and paid for the domain and then the next day got an email from Spry with a note of apology and a refund saying that it was already taken.

I'm a bit confused. Is there a lapse sometimes in the whois records and had anyone else experienced something like this before?

Thanks
Steve
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I don't know why this is, but it happened to me also. Not to speak about most of the ajax domain searches, it's almost usual with them.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back