IT.COM

Who wants to be my Expired Tutor??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I could spend hours researching, reading, going from site to site, etc., in order to learn the "secrets" of how to buy good-quality expired domain names ... or, I could hire an hour or two of your time and you can give me a checklist of things / sites / software to use.

Specifically, what I want to know is if there are any shortcuts which would enable me to be able to identify and purchase soon-to-expire or recently-expired domains with PR, traffic, and/or links.

As a side note, my interest is not in the same type of speculation that you are probably doing - I do not need to find tier-one domains for resale. In fact, if you have a particular niche, I'll stay away from those types of names. I am simply looking at a web experiment and would prefer not to pay retail prices for names I could find on my own.

Please PM me if you're interested with:

* Who you are and any company information
* Your qualifications
* Your hourly rate
* Examples of recent gems

If this is not the right thread, I apologize.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello and Welcome to NamePros,

I think if you just post threads and ask we will all help you free thats what were about we are a community .... everything isnt about money :D

•••
NH-Benjamin said:
.... everything isnt about money :D

It's not??? D-:

Feel free to ask any questions Loud.. :D

•••
Yeah, I have some very helpful advice.........

Domains do not drop only dross does. If you want mid price domains at a reasonable value the best place to look is here at the sales forum. Do not use a drop service such as (and Im scared to even say the name here) po*l.com as what you end up paying them and then their registrar afterwards never usually comes to what the domain is worth.

There is nothing left where you will make good money - sorry.

The only advantage you have is that the web / domains / cyberspace is still very young. I mean Clinton was in power when it kicked off (no one be pedantic here please) and thus it is ever evolving.

At the moment we are in a lull, i.e. where there once was value, now there is not. What I mean is, i.p. addresses became domains so we rushed out to get them, only some were quicker than others... Next we worked out that someone was more likely to type in less than more so we rushed out and bought 2 and 3 char dotcoms, only some were quicker than others. Nothing has happened much since then...

And for what its worth my guess is, and its an educated guess, that with the advent of the end of the keyboard and computers using more and more voice recog software, longer domains will be the next gold rush - I mean are you gonna say to your computer "computer go to gift dotcom" or are you gonna say "computer go to gift for my wifes birthday dot com". Maybe a bad example, but you see what I mean.

Anyway, hope its just a hobby and enjoy the ride.

:blink:

•••
Thanks for the replies.

Let me try to be clearer as to what I'm specifically looking for.

I know all the basics. I own well over 150 domains, many of which I picked up here or online after deletion (using deleteddomains.com for example), with a few that are pretty good names.

The ones that I bought here have teneded to have been more productive because I've bought them from a pro who picked them up after a drop and they come with PR / backlinks / etc.

My specific question is what tools or services are out there which can help me to identify names which I may want to pick up which are Yahoo listed, have PR, backlinks, alexa history, etc. Obviously, I'd rather try to pick them up myself for the backorder fee than pay wholesale/resale here.

I see tons of these websites listed online, but I'm looking for someone who can say to me "I use ...., and ...., and ...., and I do ... " (you get the point). Maybe that's not what the "pros" do and it can just be hard work. I guess I'm looking for someone who knows as much about high-performance dropped names as I do about... well, maybe I should learn to do something well.

Thanks Guys & Gals

•••
Value is what you make of it and the time you put into..Anything can be successful if you put your heart into it and try..You can even get 11111555lll.com and make it the most popular site ever..The name is important, but it has more to do with what you do with the name then the name itself..Google was not a common word until google made it one..Yahoo was pretty damn randon until they made it a household name..
Don't let people tell you there is not value in the web anymore because that is false..billions of people still hit the web to find what they want every single day and they still shop, and find ways to entertain themselves..Your piece of the pie is there..you just have to make it taste good..And people will eat..

•••
What? :)

Loud, I follow you and there are people here who know for sure and will help you out!

Sometimes a thread just kinda goes in unexpected directions :gl:

The person that owns http://www.wehavethem.com seems like a good guy... I did
a little business with him before and he knows his stuff (in relation to your question)...

I can't find his info at the moment, but he's a member and like I said, he seemed very
helpful and personable.

Good luck and let me know what you find out if you "find it."

Cheers,
Mike

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back