IT.COM

discuss Who is the BEST domainer at NamePros?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dnsgeni

Established Member
Impact
To much of the advice on this forum is coming from people like me, who don't know shit.
So creating a directory of users who have found success would be helpful for does who desire to do the same.

So In terms of achieved sales and current domain estate ownership, who do you consider to be one of the most successful domainer at NamePros?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, the problem is you asked a highly subjective question.

Define what "best" means.

Brad
So do people just read the title and start commenting at this forum? I defined it. I feel gaslighted xD

•••
I vote for Katerine forgot her username.

•••
There are many Excellent Domainers here on NP. I don't know what is their portfolio size(though some of them mention link in their profile) or how many they have sold unless they have reported here, still to judge a domainer's success by it, is bit difficult. At least for me, as I am no expert. Still learning the ropes.
But I find many Domainers Excellent, Interesting, Very knowledgeable, Detail Oriented, To The Point..... Many of them are already here commenting in this thread.
Even when some domainer makes blunt, caustic, tangential remark, still there is something to learn from it.
One of the Best Detail Oriented Domainer, with Insightful Blogs is @Bob Hawkes.

•••
•••
I give it to Mr. @Bob Hawkes. I have learnt so much from his articles

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
The one who can make a at least $500 profit from a handreg.

•••
There is no benefit into prying into others business other than making note of current inventory in order to create future business. Bit like getting picked up and asked occupation before name. Anyone can mismanage at any point as there is more to it than buying good names.

•••
To much of the advice on this forum is coming from people like me, who don't know shit.
So creating a directory of users who have found success would be helpful for does who desire to do the same.

So In terms of achieved sales and current domain estate ownership, who do you consider to be one of the most successful domainer at NamePros?
Id have to say anyone who contributes here and is putting in the time,may not know everything ,but their advice even if not too correct will bring others to add to the subject and help all. So there. In my opinion Bob Hawkes is one of the top of the list ,he constantly educates and suggests powerful tools and lists to help everyone. Unlike other shows that were more popular and have changed ownership and moved away from domains ,and wont share secrets ,bob lets out all the stops and is humble even though he does not flaunt his skills like others in the industry. AKA

•••
wont share secrets
What domains did you recently buy it may give insight into your way of thinking and get on board. If you keep your secrets that is okay also.

•••
Id have to say anyone who contributes here and is putting in the time,may not know everything ,but their advice even if not too correct will bring others to add to the subject and help all. So there. In my opinion Bob Hawkes is one of the top of the list ,he constantly educates and suggests powerful tools and lists to help everyone. Unlike other shows that were more popular and have changed ownership and moved away from domains ,and wont share secrets ,bob lets out all the stops and is humble even though he does not flaunt his skills like others in the industry. AKA

Yes, Bob Hawkes distinguishes himself as top notch. The "Best Domainer," IMHO, is the individual who helps others be at their best.

•••
The best domain investor is the owner(s) of HugeDomains.

No one comes even close. They single-handedly own over 35% of all names listed for sale at Afternic. And they are probably bigger than the next 5-10 whales combined.

•••
Best would be subjective.
Most profitable would be quite easy to determine (if we knew everyone's financials, spoiler alert: we don't).

Many people, including yourself, have mentioned domainers with large portfolios. Are they the most successful? See the above. But FYI, with enough money, you could buy 500,000 domains today. You would hold the most domains, are you suddenly the best?

Additionally, many of the large portfolios, and people with the biggest sales, had the foresight to start early. They had the ultimate advantage of being able to hand-register one word names or at least to buy them cheap. Does that make them the best? Maybe. At this point, the people who own large portfolios have teams, bots, and connections. So they still have the advantage, even today. But all is fair, so does that make them the best?

Then, there are people who don't have the largest portfolios, but struck gold by taking risks on new TLDs that came out at the time. Like .io or .xyz. Are they the best?

Last edited:
•••
there is no such thing as the best domainer. Everyone does their best with the capital they have at their disposal
Hi

totally agree

and it applies to best portfolio as well.

one can't judge by who posts the most info about domains as a blogger, because that doesn't tell you what they earn from domaining... it only provides info about aspects of domaining.

but when it comes to best domainer and also a blogger, who is also a member of NP, then folks like @GeorgeK, would be my choice as best domainer in both classes!

you can't know by who post the most sales because there are those who don't post...who may achieve more.
there is one member here who makes 5 figures or more per month in ppc, but rarely speaks of sales -
but how many know who he is?

any member you pick, may have different strategy, model and also longer tenure/experience in the game.

there is no level playing field and everyone does not start at the same line, at the same time.

unless you're a reader, then you won't know nothing, to measure against anything.

imo....

•••
I don't think we can compare Bob Hawkes to the owners of Huge Domains. Huge Domains is obviously better. But thanks to Bob for his useful contributions to the forum.

•••
don't know many people on here but from the people i know @bmugford is the best :)

•••
RJ IMO.... I don't know if Ron is even still active in domaining, Ron was a very quite domainer, but always a top of the industry. Ron James, Love ya brother, and
Thank You

Last edited:
•••
Rick Schwartz, he led the way

•••

What a useless thread? How this sh*t will benefit you?

•••
What a useless thread? How this sh*t will benefit you?
Inspo from: Pricing patterns, wording paterns, domain hack, prefix, suffix ideas, etc. Even if we don't share niche, we can learn from each other, and by the way. What a useless comment.

•••
Don't know sh*t, in comparison to* Even if many people have seen small success with a online business, they would properly benefit from the advice of Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk, dont you think?
I see two trust fund kids, unless there advice is have rich parents not sure what they could teach.

•••
I'm new to these forums but have made a few thousand from domain sales but it was always a side hustle for me. If your asking millions or more good luck. I doubt those people are volunteering to help ordinary folk.

•••
It clearly depends.

- There are people here who continuously have sold domains for almost three decades.

- There are also people here who have been very successful the last years.

- And we also have the ones who never talks/brags about their sales, even if they've sold for millions of dollars in total.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back