Domain Empire

Who is right? Dynadot or NetworkSolutions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Hello friends,

About more than 1 month ago, I initiated around 100 domain names transfer from Dynadot to networksolutions. By now, the names still couldnt transferred successfully.

networksolutions said:
"We do apologize, but we are currently not able to pull a full WHOIS for your domains. We either get something with the status but no contacts, or all of the contacts and no status. Please contact your current registrar and ask them to publish your full WHOIS information in one area. Once that is done, please log into your account manager to reverify your domain transfers.
"

Dynadot said:
"Hello,
I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing, unfortunately the registry IDs that Network Solutions are asking for do not exist, because the contact information is not stored at the registry, so it's not possible for us to provide them. I'm not sure why they would ask for these IDs, the domain *****.com that you recently transferred to Uniregistrar also does not have the IDs (you can check here: https://www.whois.com/whois/afant.com), and this was transferred successfully, so Network Solutions should also be able to transfer the domains without these IDs.

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further questions.
"

so, please tell me, who is right and what I should do next

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just don't transfer to NS. If they are causing such a trouble for a simple transfer, can you imagine what will happen when a serious issue comes up?

I'm only saying that since the same kind of domains were transferred to Uni without problems, so it can't be dynadot having the issue, can it?

•••
I would say, from experience, that NS employ a bunch of morons in their support department. Sorry for any good ones there. I've never come across you.

If Dynadot are pointing to a transfer, of the same ilk as the ones you are now trying to transfer, I'd say Dynadot are in the right.

I'd go farther than @Hypersot, Why would anybody want to actually transfer domains to NS. Their control panel is a jumbled mess, in every department. Their record with stolen domains is not exactly stellar, although I haven't been following if they are still having recent theft. They want extra payments for stuff a lot of registrars provide for free. There support is general very poor (see above). I don't ever get a clear answer to any question, I've posed. requiring a quite a round of back 'n forth. It takes days and days to get an urgent ticket resolved. I once extrapolated from my ticket numbers that they are probably getting around 400K tickets per day. Although it could be less now, because at least now you don't need to open another ticket for each reply. Although all replies from them are automatically closed. You need to re-open every ticket to reply. And that's even before we talk about prices. In fact I cannot think of 1 reason, at all, to recommend them. YMMV ;)

What should you do next? Find another Registrar, and transfer there instead. Also transfer all your domains out of NS, as fast as you can.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back