NameSilo

question Who invests in .in domain hacks? And why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hi.

I have some .in domain hacks. They delete tomorrow. kinda sucks to delete them. I regged then for cheap.
don't know if I should keep or not.

without devulging exactly what domains I have. (kinda embarrassing some of them honestly lol)

let me ask this.

as far as .in hacks.

what's the rule?

I figure something similar to Ta.co?

The "winners" are domains that are single word hacks?

I mostly have two word domains where the last word ends in "in" so as to "hack" it.

like ShopG.in

if anyone wants the list PM me.

would like to just not lose out on this. hoping I can make Reg fee plus little profit. not looking to make $xxx or even $x,xxx

you think such domains will fetch such prices?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Short hacks like Sp.in, W.in, Cha.in, Bra.in, Co.in are fine and can have a little value (mainly to other domainers)

I would avoid 2 word hacks at all costs, especially names like Shopg.in which dont make sense in english

•••
Short hacks like Sp.in, W.in, Cha.in, Bra.in, Co.in are fine and can have a little value (mainly to other domainers)

I would avoid 2 word hacks at all costs, especially names like Shopg.in which dont make sense in english

Ok cool thanks Giles . I think I need to seriously quick drink domain reggin. Lol

At least it was just cheap.

I will say though someone did ask about shopg.in

Oddest email ever!

They asked me to just give them shopg.in

What about words like

Phenterm.in?

•••
What is Phenterm? is that a word, if so, its not really a hack or is the word Phentermin? Either way its not a word most people know of, you need popular, common words

It must be short, strong word for any kind of hack to work

Its easy enough to find words ending in "IN"
http://www.wordfind.com/ends-with/in/

My advice is stay far away from hacks, companies just arent interested in them.

These types I find quite good, where the extensions matches the keyword perfectly and forms a phrase.....not that I sell any but if I was a company, this wold appeal to me

Move.us or Relocate.Us (house/relocation moving company)
Fix.It (computer repair for instance)
Love.Me or Find.Me (dating site)
Live.TV or NYC.TV (TV studio)

I would be careful of emails about shopg.in, especially if it was straight after you regged it, it screams scam to me

•••
What is Phenterm? is that a word, if so, its not really a hack or is the word Phentermin? Either way its not a word most people know of, you need popular, common words

It must be short, strong word for any kind of hack to work

Its easy enough to find words ending in "IN"
http://www.wordfind.com/ends-with/in/

My advice is stay far away from hacks, companies just arent interested in them.

These types I find quite good, where the extensions matches the keyword perfectly and forms a phrase.....not that I sell any but if I was a company, this wold appeal to me

Move.us or Relocate.Us (house/relocation moving company)
Fix.It (computer repair for instance)
Love.Me or Find.Me (dating site)
Live.TV or NYC.TV (TV studio)

I would be careful of emails about shopg.in, especially if it was straight after you regged it, it screams scam to me

You da man Giles ! Thanks! Now I don't feel so bad letting these drop.

We all do dumb crap while domaining in the beginning.

This one cost me $100 bucks. Lesson learned.

•••
In 2011, bra.in went for $5000 and cha.in went for $2000 (source: namebio.com). The Indian domain name market has grown significantly since 2011, and I suspect these names would go for slightly less than double those amounts now. My company receives a few offers per year in the mid-to-high XXXX on such three-letter .in (five letter word) hacks. The Indian registry has not released one and two letter names, so p.in, w.in, ra.in, sp.in, etc. are not available.

The other type of .in hack are the two word phrases ending with "in". For example, hike.in sold for $32,000 in 2012, and cycle.in for $16,500 in 2016. We receive many offers on these types of names from startups, some well into the five figures. Note: We no longer sell .in domain names -- we use them internally and in partnership situations.

Last edited:
•••
The Indian registry has not released one and two letter names, so w.in, sp.in, etc. are not available.

Yeah I know, these were just examples of what I mean by stronger hacks

•••
I gave up on NoLonger.in and reg'd the .com to use. I've put it up for sale for a few dollars, but have had no interest in it, so I'll probably end up letting it drop.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back