Dynadot

domains Who bought tens of thousands of 4l CHIPS in .club? See who!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
In the past few weeks a Chinese group called EJEE Holdings Group Limited registered tens-of-thousands of llll .club domain names that do not contain a,e,i,o,u,v. So using some of my detective skills I discovered what they are about and what they are doing with the names.

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are making a market for it. Okay by me... I have .club names that I use like my bluesguitar(.)club. Ranks #1 for the term in Google. Building out ElectronicCigarettes(.)club for an affiliate site.

•••
They are making a market for it. Okay by me... I have .club names that I use like my bluesguitar(.)club. Ranks #1 for the term in Google. Building out ElectronicCigarettes(.)club for an affiliate site.
These sites never gain traction because your time is to valuable to afford to work for nothing.

99% of ecig smokers cannot even spell that term, let alone get the .club in.

Points for trying, I would stick to registering the 3L.club chips for quick flips.

•••

blues guitar club gets 0 searches worldwide

•••
Blues Guitar is a passion for me so I will keep it. We will see if the ecig thing produces. You don't know unless you try. I am retired so I have time and I broker domains so it allows me to try new things... I like the 3l .club thing. I wish I had regged 3n .club. If you go to registered.today, they are buying the crap out of number .clubs.

•••
•••
•••
Like I said it is a passion. It is not intended to make money. It is to support my FB blues guitar lesson group.

•••
My experience say passion has value. In 1998 I wanted to learn about mobile home repair and was really annoyed that there weren't any books available on the subject. So I sat down and spent three months writing about everything I had learned the hard way. It continues to do well for me.

However, all the keyword research I have done says mobile home repair is a dreadful niche with not enough volume to make it worthwhile.

85% of my traffic comes from new visitors via long tail searches. I'm not sure anyone ever visits my home page.

The thing is that if you really know the subject you can and will use all the right terms/phrases in your text to pick up others with the same interests or skill set when they search for answers.

Of course no one searches for Blues guitar club. I expect a significant number will be searching for the terms he uses in his writing. No way to know if the traffic will be profitable until you try.

•••
I bought these random .club domains a while back. They are pretty much the only .club I have:

XXXZ
.club
XXXQ.club
ZZZQ.club
ZZZX.club
XZXZ.club
QTQT.club

After looking at that site you mentioned, yijie, it looks like they are selling many of the 4L.club domains for like $3us.

•••
Yes, I'm aware most sites get their traffic from inner pages. I was just pointing that out because he made a note of ranking #1 in Google for it, a term nobody searches for. Plus, he said it's just to support his group.

Now, if you ever wanted to make money froom it, lots of possibilities like - http://www.learnandmaster.com/spotlight-series/blues-guitar/

An affiliate program thru SAS. Or sites that let you search your city for people that give lessons, get lead money. Then the usual Guitars, equipment etc.

•••
DAMN! I've only got YWBN.club

I saw this coming but didn't have the courage to buy more than one. Now I wish that I followed my instincts and bought 20 instead.

Now all the chips seem to be taken.....they've wiped 'em out!

At the end of the day, they might have done me a favor anyway....

•••
There is nothing to indicate that these 4L.club domains will have any real value. I haven't seen anything other than 4L.com have any dramatic rise.

•••
I only have one club, it's a geo+club.com.

•••
.club is not a naturally known extension like .com .net, how will an English word extension ending gain traction in China unless these guys are going to warehouse them, and sell them over time, no way they can stay on top of renewals in regards to turning a profit.

I'm not anti gtld, but they are designed for a specific purpose, this is just artificial supply, and demand, not natural.

•••
I know that .club and .xyz are working hard to break into the chinese market, and if they do, there could be a spike in value. We'll have to see if all the talk about .club and .xyz materializes. If it does, it could be a very good thing for those to gTLDs.

•••
Thing about .xyz it is a natural chip ending 3 letters, .club has u, and is 4 letters, different set of principals

.xyz has better chance of gaining traction

•••
after many years being here at NP, I have learnt that dot com is the only way to go.

•••
One thing I noticed chinese sites use domains with aeiou than why so mush fuss about chip/non-chip.

•••
after many years being here at NP, I have learnt that dot com is the only way to go.

All the recent LLLL.gtld reg's will only help the LLLL.com market.

.com is still the standard that all others are compared. Like it or not that is that facts.
They are some good keywords that really work for .club but I would pick up some LLLL.com's while you still can!

•••
I have had offers on my llll .club's and wagering.club but too early to sell. Let the China market et the price and once they do, I will sell.

•••
Thing about .xyz it is a natural chip ending 3 letters, .club has u, and is 4 letters, different set of principals

.xyz has better chance of gaining traction

You are right. XYZ now has an affectionate name 小姨子 (xyz) with the Chinese.
It means little sister.

•••
Little sister don't you cry...

•••
.club is not a naturally known extension like .com .net, how will an English word extension ending gain traction in China unless these guys are going to warehouse them, and sell them over time, no way they can stay on top of renewals in regards to turning a profit.

I'm not anti gtld, but they are designed for a specific purpose, this is just artificial supply, and demand, not natural.

I know what you mean by this being artificial demand and supply but ask @Shane Bellone how much he made last year on this "artificial" supply and demand. Trying to make sense of this chips palaver is just like banging ones head against the wall. The whole thing makes a mockery of logic. Im not Jerry Maguire but all I want to say is show me the money. I couldnt care less if those buying the names are end users or stockpilers. I dont have any chip but would not hesitate to invest in some, hold for a few months or depending on market trends a few years.

Of course we can have these debates purely for academic purposes. Late comers like myself learn a lot from these arguments.

•••
I know what you mean by this being artificial demand and supply but ask @Shane Bellone how much he made last year on this "artificial" supply and demand. Trying to make sense of this chips palaver is just like banging ones head against the wall. The whole thing makes a mockery of logic. Im not Jerry Maguire but all I want to say is show me the money. I couldnt care less if those buying the names are end users or stockpilers. I dont have any chip but would not hesitate to invest in some, hold for a few months or depending on market trends a few years.

Of course we can have these debates purely for academic purposes. Late comers like myself learn a lot from these arguments.

LOL.

I was also the first one to invest in 6N.com's.

Fact check, one, two.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back