Dynadot

Who actually offers Verisign Registry lock?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameAcquisitions

Name Acquisitions/SalesVIP Member
Impact
This is the feature I'm looking for.

"If an end customer requests a change to a Registry Locked domain, an authorized individual at the registrar must submit a request to Verisign to unlock the domain name. This requester is then contacted by Verisign via phone and required to provide an individual security phrase in order for the name to be unlocked. This “out-of-band” step protects against automation errors and system compromises."

https://www.verisign.com/en_US/channel-resources/domain-registry-products/registry-lock/index.xhtml

Many registrars offer excellent add-on security features, but I would like to try Verisign registry lock. It seems like it would add solid security outside of the registrar. Any good registrars actually offer this as a standard add-on? GoDaddy doesn't seem to offer it even though they are on the list of participating sites... perhaps if you have Premier service? Not sure what that adds.

Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is the feature I'm looking for.

"If an end customer requests a change to a Registry Locked domain, an authorized individual at the registrar must submit a request to Verisign to unlock the domain name. This requester is then contacted by Verisign via phone and required to provide an individual security phrase in order for the name to be unlocked. This “out-of-band” step protects against automation errors and system compromises."

https://www.verisign.com/en_US/channel-resources/domain-registry-products/registry-lock/index.xhtml

Many registrars offer excellent add-on security features, but I would like to try Verisign registry lock. It seems like it would add solid security outside of the registrar. Any good registrars actually offer this as a standard add-on? GoDaddy doesn't seem to offer it even though they are on the list of participating sites... perhaps if you have Premier service? Not sure what that adds.

Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks!

CloudFlare offers it, but you must active with Enterprise Plan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back