Dynadot

advice Which type of domains should I buy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ramzan Ali

Established Member
Impact
Hello Everyone!

Please guide me which type of domains should I buy/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good ones at good value! ;)

Seriously .. your question is too open and broad in scope! The entire point of this forum is to help you learn. If you asking such a general question then you really should invest more time learning about domaining in general .. then maybe come back when you have more specific questions! ;)

Good luck to you on your journey into domaining! :)

•••
Ali,It depends how much money you got to invest.
If you have over couple thousand dollars buy a few two word .com
If you have more $ buy some LLL .com acronyms.
If you have couple hundred dollars go to dinner with wife/girlfriend and forget Domaining.
These days you can not find a reg fee name and hope it will sell later.
That is my advice to you.
Good luck.

•••
Ali,It depends how much money you got to invest.
If you have over couple thousand dollars buy a few two word .com
If you have more $ buy some LLL .com acronyms.
If you have couple hundred dollars go to dinner with wife/girlfriend and forget Domaining.
These days you can not find a reg fee name and hope it will sell later.
That is my advice to you.
Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. Right now I have low budget approx 100$. Can I start with this amount?

if yes then which type of domains should I buy?

•••
You can hand reg a few and if you're creative you might have some luck (a lot of luck). Most domainers tell you never to hand register but personally I have been very fortunate on a number of hand reg domains. You could also pick up a few domains at auction for a hundred bucks...

But now I'll give you the best advice any new domainer could ever get....

Only try domaining if you do not need the money desperately, there is a huge learning curve and most newbies lose an awful lot of money before they ever make any. If you have patience and funds available then do a little dabbling, same way as you would at the coin slots. If the money hurts you should not be playing the slots because chances of winning are slim.

So ask questions, have fun, just don't overspend because odds are I might have to buy a couple of your better domains when the fire sale comes. That unfortunately is fact and a lesson learned for a lot of new guys.

Welcome aboard Ramzan

•••
You can hand reg a few and if you're creative you might have some luck (a lot of luck). Most domainers tell you never to hand register but personally, I have been very fortunate on a number of hand reg domains. You could also pick up a few domains at auction for a hundred bucks...

But now I'll give you the best advice any new domainer could ever get....

Only try domaining if you do not need the money desperately, there is a huge learning curve and most newbies lose an awful lot of money before they ever make any. If you have patience and funds available then do a little dabbling, the same way as you would at the coin slots. If the money hurts you should not be playing the slots because chances of winning are slim.

So ask questions, have fun, just don't overspend because odds are I might have to buy a couple of your better domains when the fire sale comes. That, unfortunately, is fact and a lesson learned for a lot of new guys.

Welcome aboard Ramzan

Thank you so @MapleDots for your best advice. I appreciate you and all people who like you encourage newbies to learn from there experiences. Here are my few questions related to hand register.

If I register some new domains what types of it should be?

like there maximum length, Number domains, What type short domains, minimum search volume per month to sell them like hotcakes. (i saw there are lot of domains which have thousands of searches and their prices are showing very high on Godaddy).

Which tld's domains should I buy?

I saw some domains with heavy search volume are available in .Tv, .info .Co .cc and .Io should I buy them?

Which tld should I prefer after .com?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back