Dynadot

opinion Which photo should I use for NP profile? Lol

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I'm a jolly fellow. At least I try to be. I don't punch a clock but run my own business. I do domaining and day trade crypto.

Even though there are plenty of NPer's who have some "unprofessional" user profile photos I was advised by @Ategy to change my photo because no one would take me serious on here with "Fat Boy Domaining like a boss."

Never been one to take photos. But if I "must" I'll let NP decide what should be my new NP profile photo to make me look more "professional" and help me make more sales?

Here's one but watch this thread as more will come. 😏😁😜 ( Check out the Happy Socks!)

Lol
I look like Odd Job from the James Bond 007 Goldfinger movie! All I need now is the stone statue head cutting bowler hat!

(Remember NP. You guys said my profile pic is "unprofessional". Just giving some "options")

More to come so watch thread!😁
IMG_20181220_234103_951.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looking sharp, like the socks....I have a few pairs like that :xf.wink:

Good point on the profile though, I have changed mine to my real name (Nick) I am not photogenic though so sticking with the "NB" for good now instead of changing it all the time.....

•••
Looking sharp, like the socks....I have a few pairs like that :xf.wink:nop Good point on the profile though, I have changed mine to my real name (Nick) I am not photogenic though so sticking with the "NB" for good now instead of changing it all the time.....

I wore that outfit for a meeting with the son of the owner of Two Trees. Guess what he wore ?

I don't normally get dressed up.

Rip jeans, Walking Dead T-shirt, but ...
Gucci sneakers lol.

So I was overkill.

I own an exact match domain for one of his commercial properties (address). I think if I drop the price by $500 he'll buy it. We shall see.

Here's another "professional" photo.
IMG_20181128_170611_433.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I've been having a really bad few days years! But this gave me a big smile! :)

I actually really like the pic .. only issue is that it's going to be way to small to see anything unless you crop it down to a headshot (which would work for me FYI).

For an avatar I suggest something clear and clean. So that could indeed be a headshot. Or something that will actually be viewable and understandable when scaled down to the tiny boxes next to our posts.

That's why I like mine. The A stands for Ategy (and my first name), and it's unique because I made it look like an arrow myself (and I'm generally HORRIBLE with graphics .. lol).

It doesn't even have to be too complex .. you can figure out some cool/fun logo to go with WhoaDomain(s) (You should try to get/use the version with an S at the end, as people generally look to go to places that offer more than just a single domain even if they are ultimately just looking for one.

OMG .. I just noticed you also finally changed your username (*jumps up and dances*)

:jawdrop::xf.smile:(y):-P:happy::joyful::woot:

•••
I've been having a really bad few days years! But this gave me a big smile! :)

I actually really like the pic .. only issue is that it's going to be way to small to see anything unless you crop it down to a headshot (which would work for me FYI).

For an avatar I suggest something clear and clean. So that could indeed be a headshot. Or something that will actually be viewable and understandable when scaled down to the tiny boxes next to our posts.

That's why I like mine. The A stands for Ategy (and my first name), and it's unique because I made it look like an arrow myself (and I'm generally HORRIBLE with graphics .. lol).

It doesn't even have to be too complex .. you can figure out some cool/fun logo to go with WhoaDomain(s) (You should try to get/use the version with an S at the end, as people generally look to go to places that offer more than just a single domain even if they are ultimately just looking for one.

OMG .. I just noticed you also finally changed your username (*jumps up and dances*)

:jawdrop::xf.smile:(y):-P:happy::joyful::woot:

Yea! I know right? Finally!!

It is really time for me to get more serious about my domaining.

That said I'm going to finally set up a website for whoadomain.com with matching email address like [email protected] and then switch all my Whois info with this new email address.

I've been an idiot to not put such an email address in Whois.

With thousands of domains. Putting an email with the domain for my Efty really is a no brainer.

Plus not sure but I think there is SEO value in doing so?

I'm also going to Shell out some $$$ to do a press release for some "organic" backlinking to boost rank.

And here's another photo!
IMG_20190523_134355_438.jpg

•••
That’s a very nice pic, but do you want to give up the oriental summo wrestling kid? The avatar is pretty cool lol.

I would say if you are going strictly business online, go with your picture, if not, stick with oriental Summo wrestling kid.

Last edited:
•••
<--- High school senior photo is my fave choice for these avatars.

•••
Loving that one with the blue suit - get a picture of that with a plain background and you have a winner (y)

•••
•••
That’s a very nice pic, but do you want to give up the oriental summo wrestling kid? The avatar is pretty cool lol.

I would say if you are going strictly business online, go with your picture, if not, stick with oriental Summo wrestling kid.

Yea unfortunately IT'S TIME TO PUT AWAY CHILDISH THINGS and be a MAN (@ 46)

Photos are funny but bills aren't.

And another one! I call this "THE BANKER"

IMG_20181011_092906_264.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Yea unfortunately IT'S TIME TO PUT AWAY CHILDISH THINGS and be a MAN (@ 46)

Photos are funny but bills aren't.

You could use either pick of yourself, the one in the suit is extra sharp!

I can’t let go of the old 2007 I think it is .X. Avatar, I posted a pic of myself for my avatar once, left it up for about two weeks, people were asking what happened to the .X. Avatar , so I put it back on.

•••
All good .. try them as avatars to see if they are going to be too small or not. Otherwise crop them .. here's a couple ...
avtar624.png
avtar624b.png

Also .. if you're going professional, then try to get the WhoaDomains with an S at the end, otherwise it's not really the expected grammar. Domain (singular) is good if it's the first word, otherwise it's the plural if it's the 2nd word.

ADDED: The irony is that I already forget your old username .. Avtar426? Avtar624?

ADDED 2: I think I prefer the first pic above *IF* it actually makes sense as a full picture (meaning that you can't really see anything when shrunk). Otherwise I think I like the 2nd cropped on I put here in this post .. looking like a REAL boss! :)

Last edited:
•••
You could use either pick of yourself, the one in the suit is extra sharp!

I can’t let go of the old 2007 I think it is .X. Avatar, I posted a pic of myself for my avatar once, left it up for about two weeks, people were asking what happened to the .X. Avatar , so I put it back on.

Haha. Can't please everyone right?

So everyone has a choice in life. Be true to yourself. People who say that hardly ever have a bill to their name!😁

•••
So I'm a jolly fellow. At least I try to be.

More to come so watch thread!😁
Show attachment 140806

I like this one quite a lot - it portrays jolly, friendly yet professional. And relaxed. No one wants to negotiate with someone who is up tight! Nice picture.

•••
All good .. try them as avatars to see if they are going to be too small or not. Otherwise crop them .. here's a couple ...
Show attachment 140812 Show attachment 140813

Also .. if you're going professional, then try to get the WhoaDomains with an S at the end, otherwise it's not really the expected grammar. Domain (singular) is good if it's the first word, otherwise it's the plural if it's the 2nd word.

ADDED: The irony is that I already forget your old username .. Avtar426? Avtar624?

I actually plan to change the photo on my LinkedIn.

The floating head needs to go! ( Just scanned my passport photo!) Yet somehow people like CEO's request to connect with me!

Lol

If you are on LinkedIn feel free to add me. Open invite to anyone on NP.

18,000+ connections and counting!

Need promo?connect with me on there and let's talk!

www.linkedin.com/friendyooinc

•••
I like this one quite a lot - it portrays jolly, friendly yet professional. And relaxed. No one wants to negotiate with someone who is up tight! Nice picture.

Thanks Bob! Business up top. Party down below.

That didn't sound right.lol

•••
Show attachment 140812 Show attachment 140813

ADDED 2: I think I prefer the first pic above *IF* it actually makes sense as a full picture (meaning that you can't really see anything when shrunk). Otherwise I think I like the 2nd cropped on I put here in this post .. looking like a REAL boss! :)

Ordered that suit from Oliver Wicks if anyone is interested. It's a Vitale Barberis Canonico wide chalk stripe. Wait for a sale for a great deal. Usually every 3 months

It's online so was a pain measuring myself with a stupid tape measure. I had to buy a new one as the one I had broke at 36 inches. I haven't been 36 inches in decades!😒😕🤣😂

•••
@WhoaDomain.com you look good on photos - and any of your actual photos are better then this fat baby, who is domaining like a boss :) :)

I also like that you have recently changed your username so it reflects your marketplace .. that is very reasonable imo.

GL with whatever photo you choose :)

•••
I wore that outfit for a meeting with the son of the owner of Two Trees. Guess what he wore ?

I don't normally get dressed up.

Rip jeans, Walking Dead T-shirt, but ...
Gucci sneakers lol.

So I was overkill.

I own an exact match domain for one of his commercial properties (address). I think if I drop the price by $500 he'll buy it. We shall see.

Here's another "professional" photo.Show attachment 140807
But if I shoud choose, then this one :)

•••
Use the first zoom in @Ategy ´s post or a zoom of your bag in post #10 where bag is connected both to your Rolex imitation and to your fly for increased security.

Look at my new pic, changed today. After 12 years in domaining I cannot even afford a haircutter though there wouldn´t be a lot to cut.

•••
@WhoaDomain.com you look good on photos - and any of your actual photos are better then this fat baby, who is domaining like a boss :) :)

I also like that you have recently changed your username so it reflects your marketplace .. that is very reasonable imo.

GL with whatever photo you choose :)

Thanks buddy. You actually helped me with getting my profile all sorted out. Never understood why I couldn't change my profile years ago. I forget now and don't want to start anything with NP support as they are pretty on top of everything but the reason I never did change had to be a good reason I never proceeded. But it's all fixed now and that's all that matters. 2020 is my year and hopefully everyone else's!

•••
But if I shoud choose, then this one :)

Yea. That one I wore when I went to Russian Embassy in NYC to talk to ambassador about Primorsky.com.

Colors to match Russian flag. Helped me slip past the cold Russian female workers there!😉

•••
Thanks buddy. You actually helped me with getting my profile all sorted out. Never understood why I couldn't change my profile years ago. I forget now and don't want to start anything with NP support as they are pretty on top of everything but the reason I never did change had to be a good reason I never proceeded. But it's all fixed now and that's all that matters. 2020 is my year and hopefully everyone else's!
Thanks friend & I am glad you did it :)

•••
Use the first zoom in @Ategy ´s post or a zoom of your bag in post #10 where bag is connected both to your Rolex imitation and to your fly for increased security.

Look at my new pic, changed today. After 12 years in domaining I cannot even afford a haircutter though there wouldn´t be a lot to cut.

Hahahaha you saw the fake Golex too? Damn I'm impressed! Not that I condone replicas but $45 on Canal Street Chinatown. Had enough money after for some roast duck and wontons!

Last edited:
•••
no idea what to suggest, all those are quite cool....but what a fun post...thanks!

🐭🐭 Happy New Year🐭🐭

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back