IT.COM

Which one?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

Need some help here regarding hosting several domains...

I currently have a REseller account and hosting several of my domains. Lately has been giving me problems with uptime. Can I host multiple domains using a single web-hosting account? Does it function the same as a Reseller account?

Thanks,

Tok

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can I host multiple domains using a single web-hosting account?
yes you can. mostly hosting now offers unlimited add-on and unlimited parked domains

Does it function the same as a Reseller account?
no. you can't sell them and make profit. some hosting companies are enforcing this very strictly, some don't.

•••
Hello Tokkong,

<<snip>>

To answer the original question (for anyone coming across this thread and seeking an answer):
With a cPanel shared account you can host parked and addon domains. The difference between adding domains to a shared account than to a reseller account is that each domain you add does not have a unique cpanel account, but instead a unique directory.

When it comes to addon domains;
The domain abc.com could be your main domain and visiting the website will show the files in /home/user/public_html.
The domain def.com could be an addon domain and visiting def.com will show a directory that you define when adding the domain, people usually set it as /home/user/public_html/def.com.
You can park domains, which is described as 'www=www', this means that if you add ghi.com to your cPanel shared account as a parked domain then it will show the exact same files abc.com is reading from the directory /home/user/public_html.

I hope this helps a little.

Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
you can host multiple domains with a single (shared) hosting account as long as they allow "add-on" domains. the main difference between this and a reseller account is that each domain can have a separate cpanel with a reseller account.

•••
Multiple shared web hosting account will make you happy. Do not pay more with reseller account. You do not need reseller account

•••
Tok, try to have a look at VPS. As far me that is exactly what you need

•••
Not only a VPS, but also a shared hosting with the large metrics could be suitable.

•••
No doubt, you can host multiple domains using a single web hosting account. As for recommendation, have a look at webhostgiant.com as this company offers multiple domain Linux and Windows web hosting at a very cheap price.

•••
novelty said:
Not only a VPS, but also a shared hosting with the large metrics could be suitable.
I agree here as such companies as webhostingbuzz.com, lunarpages.com and mmhosting.com provides shared hosting with so many resources that you will not need a VPS.

•••
If you host static content - agreed that is enough. If not - you can have some troubles with CPU and memory usage. On shared accounts that is limited and those limits are hidden.

•••
novelty said:
Yes. Depends on the web sites size. and number of those web sites

•••
Tok, if your hosting company provide for add on domains more than one or unlimited...you can host a lot of domain in one or same hosting .
But if your hosting not provide, so that mean is only one domain one hosting.

•••
Hendry_Budiman said:
Tok, if your hosting company provide for add on domains more than one or unlimited...you can host a lot of domain in one or same hosting .
But if your hosting not provide, so that mean is only one domain one hosting.
Just small update.... You won't be able to host as much as you have domain names, because shared web hosting account is limited and if you are not limited by number of domain names you are definitely limited with space and bandwidth. Do not forget about them

•••
It is quite possible that you'll feel better with something called semi-dedicated server. This is large shared account which allows multidomain hosting.

Such plans are provided by a2hosting.com, and they also have unmetered shared plans.

•••
If you have problems with your host and want to move your sites from it, I'd like to draw your attention to sibername.com as it offers multiple domain linux reseller hosting solutions at reasonable rates. It also has bonuses:
- 2 months free with annual plans;
- free domain name with every package;
- 10% off for extra domains registration;
- free online web site creation tool: WebSiteMatic.

I think that it will be useful for you.

•••
free months with annual price is not something extra. I have seen most offer such things for the annual subscriptions

•••
It is not necessary to get a reseller accounts for hosting multiple domains, just need to get some plans which allow it.

Moreover, using a reseller account is not necessary to be a reseller in fact. You can use it as you want.

For a company suggestion - look up ahosting.biz - they have something to offers.

•••
Taking into consideration your demands, I suggest you to check out mmhosting.com as it offers shared and reseller plans with unlimited domain hosting feature. Prices are really cheap, but the quality of hosting and support services is very high. You may ask support and they will explain you what solution you need.

•••
ennui said:
It is quite possible that you'll feel better with something called semi-dedicated server. This is large shared account which allows multidomain hosting.
Heavy scripts are not good for the semi dedicated servers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back