Domain Empire

question Which of the more popular/well-known/legacy TLDs do you avoid?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bigdomainer

Established and Active MemberTop Member
Impact
Which of the more popular/well-known/legacy TLDs do you avoid?

I know this is a loaded question, but I was just curious if there are any top tier TLDs in which you have ZERO domains and why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Upvote 0
Avoid All non-coms;
If you have to make an exception; i prefer country ccTLD ext (.co, .de, .us etc) over generic xyz ngtld. (Sorry, .xyz…) Or any Identity Digital (formerly donuts) extensions’

They have been there for a while; and i respect ccTLDs; especially “.io” which seems almost tech-exclusive now.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
By legacy tlds I assume you mean older extensions like .biz, .net, .org, etc., correct?

If so, then .biz and .info should be in that list. I see no reason these days in anyone going for either of those extensions.

•••
Upvote 0
By legacy tlds I assume you mean older extensions like .biz, .net, .org, etc., correct?

If so, then .biz and .info should be in that list. I see no reason these days in anyone going for either of those extensions.
Yessss, .biz!!! rather xyz over .biz; true story. You’re good! You made me break my own rule.

Disagree on .info, i see “more, now: “How2recyle.info”

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Yessss, .biz!!! rather xyz over .biz; true story. You’re good! You made me break my own rule.

Disagree on .info, i see “more, now: “How2recyle.info”

You know, I used to like .info but, with all those ngtlds that came after and the whole change in perception with the introduction of social services etc., I think .info should be considered obsolete.

For example, based on the domain you presented,

if I wanted to search for recycling (which coincidentally I did a couple of days ago :) ) I would go for a governmental website or a central hub of information coming from a well known global organisation rather than a random .info website.

Jmo

•••
Upvote 0
You know, I used to like .info but, with all those ngtlds that came after and the whole change in perception with the introduction of social services etc., I think .info should be considered obsolete.

For example, based on the domain you presented,

if I wanted to search for recycling (which coincidentally I did a couple of days ago :) ) I would go for a governmental website or a central hub of information coming from a well known global organisation rather than a random .info website.

imo
i think you are from Canada, right?
I‘m not sure if it’s a local East NY/NJ thing, but almost every product sold here, has this on the label. It‘s become almost ubiquitous with “SmartLabel.com” for further nutrition facts which you can make the same argument for; only… it’s com!!
But you get the point.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
@Samer,
I wouldn't know that as I'm not from Canada :D

I got your point though

•••
Upvote 0
@Samer,
I wouldn't know that as I'm not from Canada :D

I got your point though
I think i mixed you up with @HotKey.
This is a good thing; you are both great people to me. XDD. Thanks! I appreciate your kindness (another reason why i probably thought you Canadian Sorry! :)

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
@Samer,
man, I wish I had your positive attitude. You must be one of a kind, seriously.

•••
Upvote 0
Generally I avoid dot-com but it always finds me

•••
Upvote 0
Thank you :)

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Yes, I apologize, I should have been more clear.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back