Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Which is more valuable? COM vs NET variation

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

sf2010

VIP Member
Impact
35
Hi-

In your opinion, which is more valuable?

XYZ Company (assume that XYZ.com is NOT available)

1. XYZ-Company.com
2. XYZCompany.net
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Honestly, if it is for a company, I am registering both... but if I had to choose, I would choose the .net over the hyphen.
 
0
•••
I agree .net over hyphen also though think our your target area. If you want to target the USA then .us would be a better choice or .co.uk for that area...you get the picture.
 
0
•••
sf2010 said:
Hi-

In your opinion, which is more valuable?

XYZ Company (assume that XYZ.com is NOT available)

1. XYZ-Company.com
2. XYZCompany.net

I would go for the .net
and then for the .com

(always the best to get both)

What I would also suggest is to check the XYZ.biz
and perhaps redirect the .com and .net to the .biz what you can use
as you main domain!

Goodluck!
 
0
•••
Net over the hyphen as the others have suggested.. even tho I'm not a big .net lover. Only ever owned a couple.
 
0
•••
.net would be more valuable than the hyphenated .com, a hyphen does reduce the value of a domain to some extent.
 
0
•••
Excellent. Thanks for the comments!

:gl:
 
0
•••
forget the .net and forget the hyphen...better come up with XYZsomething.com
 
0
•••
i dont know, im a total amateur at this but i would probably remember the .com one easier.
 
0
•••
I don't think the hyphen necessarily hurts the $$ value, but it does hurt in terms of potential typeins. Hyphenated words can be easier to read and parse better for the SE's.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back