Dynadot

advice Which is more valuable?

NameSilo
Watch

Jason76

Established Member
Impact
Something like "JobsNYC.com or NYCJobs.com"? In other words, which order is more valuable? What is more marketable as job site?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

one could mean different type of search motivation, than the other...to two different people, depending on what they are looking for in general, or specific

for instance:
jobsnyc, could mean searchers was looking at jobs first, then went to nyc

nycjobs, searcher could have been looking for nyc jobs, for employment with nyc government.

so value to buyer would be,
do they want the broad search or the specific search, with that example in mind?

imo...

•••
Both are good to me. But nyc jobs is better- but I’m not an expert

•••
•••
Geo+subject is best but I am not the end user as some may even dismiss buying the other if they have already one of them. As the domainer you need both or hope the other domainer is holding out for more than you or not underselling the domain especially high searched keywords.

•••
I would like to answer the question NYC job is better than IMO

•••
Do the research so you have actual data. That's something I learned from DNAcademy.

A simple trip to the Google Keyword planner for exact match search shows that [nyc jobs] get 20x the searches of [jobs nyc].

nycjobs-adplanner.png

•••
Research on both of the keywords, which one is getting more search volume.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back