NameSilo

Which is better Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Please i need help, which is better Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Simplified Chinese for mainland china
traditional for Taiwan

Bigger market in mainland China of course

•••
camaleon said:
Please i need help, which is better Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese?

Thanks.

Traditional is spoken in Tawian and in Hong Kong , But the majority of the poplulation speaks Simplified.

•••
thegenius1 said:
Traditional is spoken in Tawian and in Hong Kong , But the majority of the poplulation speaks Simplified.
What genius means is that in:

China - 1.3 billion population - Simplified

Taiwan & Hong Kong - Traditional Chinese

Sure Taiwan is a smaller market but there is still money to be made there. Try to get the Simplified first.

•••
Consider the number of people use the internet.

I think the internet users in Taiwan plus Hong Kong more than China.

It's hard to say. I think it depends on what's your target audience.

•••
thegenius1 said:

No, they write with Simplified Characters. The simplification has not been affected the spoken Chinese dialects/languages. Traditional and Simplified can be the same and Traditional in particular can also correspond with Japanese or Korean words, not always with the exaxt meanings.

•••
Please appraise and/or suggestion for :

xn--zfvz56i.com = 旅馆.com = hotel.com

xn--vhqr8o.net = 商业.net = trade.net

xn--uouy93h.net = 遊戲.net = game.net

xn--3dsq7w2xjzki8uk.com = 在线的游戏.com = onlinegame.com

my first chinese idn, thanks.

•••
camaleon said:

Sorry, but you don't own any of these.

•••
why these happen to me????????????

•••
fab said:

Not exactly, China (mainland) internet users population have become the 2nd in the world. And will surpass US by the end of this 2010s.

•••
•••
fab said:

Where do you get this information from?

China is much bigger than those 2 combined.

•••
camaleon said:

Do you own this IDN? if yes, most of them are excellent chinese IDNs except 在线的游戏.com which is not a correct term referred to onlinegame exactly.

•••
Sorry I mean the penetration. Internet is more common in Taiwan and Hong Kong than in China.

•••
fab said:
Sorry I mean the penetration. Internet is more common in Taiwan and Hong Kong than in China.
Yes it is, but compared to the huge internet population in the mainland, penatration in Taiwan and Hongkong is neglectable. Besides, the penetration in mainland is catching up its counterpart every second.
Mainland is the fastest growing economy in the world, the national GDP has surpassed UK and become the 4th in the global last year. And it will surpass germany in 2008 and Japan in the next decade if everything is going through in China.
IMO, simplified Chinese is no doubt the one to go for, especially when you can only register one of the two sets according to the rules.

Last edited:
•••
duskdawn said:
Yes it is, but compared to the huge internet population in the mainland, penatration in Taiwan and Hongkong is neglectable. Besides, the penetration in mainland is catching up its counterpart every second.
Mainland is the fastest growing economy in the world, the national GDP has surpassed UK and become the 4th in the global last year. And it will surpass germany in 2008 and Japan in the next decade if everything is going through in China.
IMO, simplified Chinese is no doubt the one to go for, especially when you can only register one of the two sets according to the rules.
I've registered both variants of a few domains that look similiar. So it is not always the case.

•••
JeffM2 said:
I've registered both variants of a few domains that look similiar. So it is not always the case.
But I don't think you can do that any more, can you?

•••
But I don't think you can do that any more, can you?
Most likely no. But there are some variants that have slipped through the cracks.

•••
I would go for simplified :alien:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back