NameSilo

Chinese language

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
which is the better IDN.com to reg and why - traditional or simplified chinese?

also, is the script for traditional chinese the same as japanese? i.e. i looked up a word and it's spelled the same. better bang for the buck????

thx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally I would go for traditional chinese

There do seem to be some crossovers in Chinese and Japanese Kanji text, so I would imagine that these words could be more popular :)

•••
phantom4444 said:
Personally I would go for traditional chinese

There do seem to be some crossovers in Chinese and Japanese Kanji text, so I would imagine that these words could be more popular :)
simplified is the best... mainland china

•••
thx. any others?

where can i find info on chinese/japanese IDN.com sales? or anyone here know how they do? is there a market for names - reseller or enduser?

•••
mike55 said:
thx. any others?

where can i find info on chinese/japanese IDN.com sales? or anyone here know how they do? is there a market for names - reseller or enduser?

Yor are welcome to visit the IDN Club - http://idnclub.com
[IDN Domain For Sale] in English interface - http://idnclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74

This China-based Chinese language site gives its approximately 1500 members a place to discuss, trade and share information about IDNs. They also offer their members a free translation service; Chinese to English or English to Chinese.

•••
Simplified Chinese will be best in the long run. Some Traditional Chinese prime domains may be seeing great traffic now, but the future is in simplified. With the low cost of computers and the proliferation of Internet access in Mainland China -- we will see exponential growth once firefox and IE7/8 become the standard. Also, as the demand grows, parking companies will pop up with nameservers in China. End users will pay higher and higher prices as the advertising dollars roll in. Another thing, be sure to cross translate with Japanese as some of the words/characters are shared. For example 小夜曲.commeans 'serenade' in both Chinese and Japanese -- when you look at google you'll see both .jp's and .cn's as well as a huge amount of .coms
(32K images for .cn, 40K images for .jp and 200K+ images for .coms) %%-

•••
DNWizardX9 said:
simplified is the best... mainland china

That explains a few things...!

Thanks for the correction DNWizardX9.

ak

•••
found a few good keyword chinese and japanese names. still begs the question though. most of the ch/jp IDN.com names are parked and/or undeveloped. is there an aftermarket for these names now?

lots of people hand reg'g. no one buying on the aftermarket. waste of money or hold and for how long??????

•••
mike55 said:
lots of people hand reg'g. no one buying on the aftermarket. waste of money or hold and for how long??????
no need to make stuff up

•••
•••
simplified - china (mainland)
traditional - taiwan, hong kong (stronger but smaller economy)

bigger market - simplified

•••
here are good chin. simp. language examples:

投资 . com is investment . com as near as i can tell. super premium name in any language. huge google search numbers.

人 . com is people . com. super prem and super huge google search numbers.

both sit as parked pages not earning very much i'm sure.

i think IDNs are gonna sit for a lonnnnng time before they catch on. sorry to say it, esp since i own more than a few......

Last edited:
•••
With the current availability of good online translation then personally I'm going to attampt to develop my IDN's as much as possible. I'm working on a basic assumption that the economy in certain parts of asia could perhaps permit cheaper advertising rates than say europe for larger scale development allied with higher consumer volume. Newspapers appear to be a good point of contact to promote your domains:

*Compared to other developing nations, China has a high literacy rate.
*China’s unique history and government use of media has encouraged the public to trust the printed word above all other forms of mass communication.
*Print media is the primary news source for a majority of China’s population.

Thoughts anyone?

ak

•••
Like anything else, to take off IDN require massive public exposure in the relavent markets. With ICANN launch IDN.IDN over the next couple of months the amount of exposure they are going to receive is going to be several orders of magnitude greater than anything you have seen to date.

mike55 said:
here are good chin. simp. language examples:

投资 . com is investment . com as near as i can tell. super premium name in any language. huge google search numbers.

人 . com is people . com. super prem and super huge google search numbers.

both sit as parked pages not earning very much i'm sure.

i think IDNs are gonna sit for a lonnnnng time before they catch on. sorry to say it, esp since i own more than a few......

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back