Dynadot

question Which 5N .com should I buy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Idris B.

idris.ccEstablished Member
Impact
I am a newbie at this. I saw that 5N .coms are being sold for a good price recently. I wanted to know what should I keep in mind before buying these domains. Are there Chinese Premiums in numeric domains as well? If yes, which numbers should I avoid in my domain names?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
So, 0 & 4 are like a, e, i, o, u & v of the numeric domains? Thanks a lot for the answer! :)

•••
Yes,CHinese dont like 4
0 is so so,best to avoid it

•••
•••
I don't know why people are avoiding 0's and 4's! I am getting tons of $2500 offers for my names which contain atleast 1 #4 and some containing 2 #4's.

They also like even numbers with 0's (example:24200 ) and I am now starting to invest in those.

You invest in what YOU feel is right. The domain market is volatile! Follow your heart.

•••
I don't know why people are avoiding 0's and 4's! I am getting tons of $2500 offers for my names which contain atleast 1 #4 and some containing 2 #4's.

They also like even numbers with 0's (example:24200 ) and I am now starting to invest in those.

You invest in what YOU feel is right. The domain market is volatile! Follow your heart.

I am on a budget so, can't avoid risking it in a wrong domain name! (._.')

•••
We all know that Chinese don't like 0 or 4 and usually the price of domains with 0 or 4 is lower than those without 0 or 4.
But nothing is absolute. If your domains with 0 or 4 are in nice patterns or the numbers you have happen to be a company 's customer service phone, it could still be sold at a good price.

•••
I know many business men from China and their belief is everything starts with a 0 in numerics..Buy the cheapest 5n you can as they will only go up.

•••
the numbers you have happen to be a company 's customer service phone, it could still be sold at a good price.

By all indications, the new frontier for many of us, but not for Chinese domainers.

•••
By all indications, the new frontier for many of us, but not for Chinese domainers.
yeah, domain market is not only for Chinese, but most of us want to sell our numerical domains to Chinese, so you'd better take their demand into account.

•••
•••
•••
yeah, domain market is not only for Chinese, but most of us want to sell our numerical domains to Chinese, so you'd better take their demand into account.
Maybe :)

•••
•••
@idris3396 Hi and welcome to NP. I'm no expert but here are my 2 Cents:

While many have cautioned against (0,4), they're right, but not completely.

Zero (0)
is not bad, it just lower the value of domain in comparison to the ones without.
0 End has higher value than 0 Middle than 0 Start and as @gemstar mentioned it depends on combo/pattern.

Four (4) which means Death in the Chinese culture is bad, however when it is paired with 5 or 8 it will revert to a positive meaning; so that 54 (No Death, Eternal Life) and 84 (prosperous forever)

Numeric 5Ncom without 0,4 are rare and highly premium, and they're selling above $3K each currently.

If you're new to Numeric domains, it is best to do some research before you jump in; 5Ncom are not cheap, so that the budget price for a 5Ncom domain (with 0 and/or 4) is $700 'n Up at the moment. Best :)

•••
@idris3396 Hi and welcome to NP. I'm no expert but here are my 2 Cents:

While many have cautioned against (0,4), they're right, but not completely.

Zero (0)
is not bad, it just lower the value of domain in comparison to the ones without.
0 End has higher value than 0 Middle than 0 Start and as @gemstar mentioned it depends on combo/pattern.

Four (4) which means Death in the Chinese culture is bad, however when it is paired with 5 or 8 it will revert to a positive meaning; so that 54 (No Death, Eternal Life) and 84 (prosperous forever)

Numeric 5Ncom without 0,4 are rare and highly premium, and they're selling above $3K each currently.

If you're new to Numeric domains, it is best to do some research before you jump in; 5Ncom are not cheap, so that the budget price for a 5Ncom domain (with 0 and/or 4) is $700 'n Up at the moment. Best :)

Thanks a lot! That was some great info about 5N .coms! :D

•••

That's not what I meant.
I was simply pointing the fact that Chinese have been registering their (mainly business) phone numbers' domains for some time, whereas for many of "us" who are trying to get a share of profits from their market, this is somehow unknown area.

•••
What about 6N.coms? Any worth in them?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back