Dynadot

question Which TLDs should I avoid?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sam Krypt

Impact
Hi, I just wanted to ask. What kind of TLDs should I avoid? And which ones should I register? I see that a .co on Namecheap is $2. I've read some threads and I know to avoid xyz and the rest. But is a .co domain name sellable?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
As you're starting out, stick to what you're familiar with. Read on here as much as you can. Keep an eye on the Daily Sales threads to see what kind of names are selling for how much and in what extensions, and read the DNJ bi-weekly sales reports.

Also, listen to podcasts - Domain Name Wire is a good one, and Domain Sherpa too if you don't mind a bit of effin. Don't be in too much of a rush to buy a lot of names first off. We all registered names early on that we were certain were great, only to realise later that actually they weren't that good :xf.smile:

Welcome to np, good luck (y)

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Stick to .com for one year at least, better two. Not because some other extensions are ''bad'', but simply because they sell tens times less than .com And getting a clue of what sells and what is generally valuable within .com, will give you an idea of what's worth buying for .org, .co and other extensions.

•••
Upvote 0
All non-com’s.
Since, if cant sell .com, how will able sell pseudo-exts?

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
You can take inspiration about the current market here:
Traditional investors will answer .com and nothing else.
The point is will new TLDs will be successful?
Nowone has the answer.
So if you believe not, invest only in .com and .org.
If yes, it's the combination keyword+tld that makes great the domain.
Thanks

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back