IT.COM

question When do redemption fees kick in for .de domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Ok so having an issue with domains over at Wild West Domains AGAIN.

I have domains expiring on 1-25-2020

The domains are already marked pending expiration. Why?

Also. I had bulk renewed these domains along with domains with an expiration of 1-24-2020.

Those domains marked 1-24-2020 were renewed by not these on the receipt.

Why is that? Doesn't make sense.

So I have to ask. does .de domain expired 60 days before expiration or 30 days before expiration.

IF I repeat IF they are not set for auto renewal? This seems to be the slick "clause" as far as .de redemptions are concerned as far as I was told by the rep which is basically Godaddy as Wild West is a reseller.

I'm going to give them a call right away.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Alright Got it fixed.

All .de domains renewed.

They all were marked as Expiration. Lucky for me I got off the phone quick before the Wild West Rep could weasel me into paying up $40 redemption fee per .de domain.

This is the reason why I transferred out all my domains out of Wild West.

If anyone has domains with CheapDomain aka Wild West.

AND YOU HAVE A GODADDY ACCOUNT.

Wild West is a Godaddy Reseller.

Don't Trust what The CheapDomain.com people say and don't hate them for it too. They are just Following ORDERS. They are just there for a pay check. I can respect that.

Lady over at Godaddy took care of it. She asked me who told you these domains were in redemption?

Then asked me if I wanted to renew these domains via my Godaddy Reseller account (I did not even know I had one? but ok? if she said I had one and it was going to fix my problem? why would I question it? right?)

So we did it and I renewed all the domains that supposedly Wild West Domains Aka CheapDomain.com says can't be renewed and can only be redeemed.

To me? It looks like the 5 domains there went into expiration/redemption were put on a "list" or "marked" as "these are good domains". "if he let's these get close to expiration let's mark it as redemption."

"He won't let these go so he'll have to pay the $40 redemption fee. We'll make money and he'll be none the wiser."

"or if he can't pay we'll take the domains and auction them off for big money. Win Win."

"Let's create a high pressure situation where he feels he has no other option but to pay the redemption fee. Don't let him off the hook.".

At least in my head this is why I suspect was going on.

I realized this. So I just said. "Oh sorry Peter. My Domino's is here. Let me call you back in a bit".

Never called back.

I did call my premier services rep on Godaddy. She took care of it. Easy as pie.

Moral of the story. Never ACCEPT what people say as a face value. Always take a step back and breathe.

If dealing with a Godaddy reseller, and you have a Godaddy account. Call your Godaddy rep. if you are lucky enough to have a reseller account (whatever that is) you can get your issue fixed in 2 minutes.

One bad thing about .de domains though.

on Godaddy or Wild West unfortunately is that whatever Auth Code for .de domains on file you have at Godaddy that is sent to you via email or is given to you when you request a download of your entire domain list IS WRONG and always will be WRONG.

the only way (as it is "understood") to get the correct .de auth codes is to formally request it either by contacting your rep or via email and even then it's a "process".

I don't know what it's like this over at Godaddy.

Is it just some tactic to "keep you" with Godaddy? Why have a button in your account that says "Send Auth Code" for your .de domain when that Auth Code is going to be 100% WRONG?

I don't get it. I really don't.

Anyways. Happy I get to renew my domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back