information When Chrome 70 rolls out your favorite site could have a problem

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Google is always doing something and sometimes it's wanted and other times it's not wanted, like messing with the URL. According to Zack Whittaker at TechCrunch, when Google releases Chrome 70 a lot of popular sites are going to be blocked. From the article: Chrome 70 is expected to be released on or around October 16, when the browser will start blocking sites that run older Symantec … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I noticed some big name websites are ignoring ssl completely and continue to run under regular http. Seems some sites really don't care what google has to say and since they don't have any forms or logins the ssl status seems to be of low concern to them.

•••
Do they really require SSL there?

•••
Why so many popular websites would waste this long is puzzling but they better get on the ball.

But how many popular websites are aware of this update?

I'd be curious to see a poll regarding this. Would it be spam (or maybe acceptable spam?) to email the top 10,000 Alexa ranked sites a heads up regarding the update, and also include a poll question asking if they were aware prior to the email?

•••
Google has slowly started to forget they service us. We'll see how their customers like being blocked from their favorite websites. Just because you're a multi billion dollar company, doesnt mean you control the rest of us.

I'm personally looking forward to Google coming down one day, its overdue IMO.

•••
Not surprised by anything they do anymore, It is a continuous battle for web masters, has been very costly too, through the years.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back