NamesCon2020

What's your Worst Domain name that you have and regret having?

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion started by Fortnite, Nov 5, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Samer

Samer Top Member VIP

Welcome to the circle of trust. :)

Bought yourself time, before .biz Nov rate hikes?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. MTB

MTB Established Member

Was it a mistake? Time will tell
    But its my one and only .biz

3. Samer

Samer Top Member VIP

i relate... Exact! Only difference mine was close to due and you’re good thru 2023. Time’ll tell. Good luck MTB!

Samer

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  4. Fortnite

Fortnite Patience is the key to success and big money Gold Account

😂 maybe you could sell it to a gold company that sells in bulk if it was .com, but .biz, jeez u must have been on cloud 9 at the time 😁

5. gtldomainer

gtldomainer Established Member

Registered Titbid.com with 'tidbit' in mind. Back in 2015. Serious crime. :banghead:

6. HappyW

HappyW Owner of NamesMaker.com Gold Account

Finally, 3//7/7/1/4///com there is no one, because I got it from the auction. When I won the bid, I realized that I was shill bidding

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  7. ebaum

ebaum Established Member

8. DpakH

DpakH Established Member

I've many..one of them is Topchoicetechnology.com

9. Fortnite

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣this is funny AF

10. Holistic Technology

Holistic Technology Restricted (15-30%)

hahaha not that worst but still i regret..
    rultagayeaan.com
    f*cking soooo slow and costly domain....

11. Hustling

Hustling Established Member

Yeah, so mine was Catshat.com. Thought it was CatsHat (thought of the GoDaddy commercial, so I regg'd it). A few months later when I was going through my list of names, I stopped dead in my tracks, looked down and seen CatShat. Thought to myself, oh $#!T, what was I thinking?!?

A close second for me is Palstalk.com. At the time I registered it, thought it was a super cool 2-keyword, 2-syllable compound name. With it being PalsTalk.com and all, right? Wrong!
    ...Little did I know PalsTalk.com could just as well be perceived as: PalStalk.

12. Anil Kumar Raju A

Anil Kumar Raju A Established Member

Naturalicecreams.com I bought it in expired domain auctions with 69$. I thought I would sell it to existing company at least for 5K $. They are billion dollar company. I tried to reach them but they said they are not interested.

Lost all the thousands of worth dreams to 0 dollars :xf.frown:

13. HappyW

HappyW Owner of NamesMaker.com Gold Account

So cute. Hahaha. :-DBut seriously, if they want to get it, they will definitely pass the UDRP.

14. iDestroyer

iDestroyer Established Member

*looks at the whole damn domain portfolio*
    where do I begin ? :xf.cry:

15. Laguna

Laguna Top Member VIP

😂

16. Fortnite

🤣, learning how to let go makes you a stronger person 😜

17. Fortnite

My tongue's giving up on me, I cant even pronounce it 🤒

18. Maz4real

Maz4real Restricted (Market)

Lol and how much did you sell it??

19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

This is really hard to answer because I have so many :xf.grin: (so many bad I mean). But I think my regret list is going down each year in domaining, so that is good.

What do I most regret? Hmmmmm.....

I had never owned a horse, the real kind or the TLD kind, and well, I wanted one. So I registered facts.horse which I saw as either facts about horses or a truth-finding site where horse was used figuratively as a strong actor to power finding the facts. I have seemed more interested in the domain name than others, however :xf.wink:. It remains my only .horse.

But my really bad ones were the two and three word phrases in .science I registered in the early days. I did not then realize the importance of uniqueness or how hard it was to sell domains in general and multi-word new gTLDs in particular. Now that the reputation of .science is much better since deep discounting ended and new ownership of extension, I am still somewhat keen on .science, but in general only for good single words or acronyms (most of which the registry have reserved as premium :xf.frown:). Somewhat surprisingly I did sell one of my multiple word .science back then, for not much but enough to cover all my .science registrations at the time, so in retrospect not that bad I guess.

Sorry to be so long winded....

Bob

20. mondal nazmul

mondal nazmul Established Member

ComeToEnjoy.com I don't know what I m thinking when I bought it

21. Darren C

Darren C Established Member

Like @Bob Hawkes said.......not enough room in the thread for mine .....but hey I’m still in profit and those mistakes are getting fewer and fewer.
    Mistakes are the best teacher ,just hope it hasn’t cost some of you to much for your education.
    Happy Sales...Regards,
    Darren C

22. Alexander Bradburn

Alexander Bradburn Established Member

23. CatchDeleted

CatchDeleted Established Member

While doing some research on name catchdeleted.com ...I had searched for keyword pendingcatchdelete.com in GD..and boy oh boy , GD remembered it..While I was paying for an expired domain they sneaked this name somehwhere in my cart and I ended up paying 17bucks for it ..Realized about 5 minutes later.

24. Blitzpotz

Blitzpotz Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

There are so many unloved domain names.

Possible TM related names. Not the obvious ones including Facebook, Google, Volkswagen or similar well-known brands, of course. Other ones where I was too fast with regging and did not check the TM database first. (No examples being asked, please :xf.grin:.) These will drop one year after first reg but I wasted cash and eventually reputation.

Or names that are not only ugly but outdated, e.g. Maps4Phone .com or RingTones1 .com.

Names which do not generate traffic while I was proud finding and handregging them, e.g. SmartLosAngeles .com.

I cannot resist regging or dropcatching great keywords from time to time with the www as a prefix or com as a suffix. I know it´s ugly and anyhow unfair to the owners of the original term, well. No traffic, no sales. Example: PestControlCom .com.

Many more!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  25. cooljub

cooljub Established Member

How much later was it?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice