IT.COM

discuss What's your 2nd favorite extension?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What's your 2nd favorite extension after .COM. Mine is .CO

I would like to add that I haven't had any success with selling anything other than .COM. So you 2nd favorite extension doesn't necessarily mean having commercial success.

Why do I like .CO? It's clean and tidy and 1 char shorter than .COM :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.tv, .org are my second favorite

•••
.company
.club
.network
.news
.today

•••
•••
For me, .CO for sure. There's still some really great opportunities with .CO and I firmly believe it will become established and trusted.

Hope I'm right (y)

•••
.ONE would be my second best favorite.

•••
For me, .CO for sure. There's still some really great opportunities with .CO and I firmly believe it will become established and trusted.

Hope I'm right (y)
Agreed

•••
From my portfolio, it seems I like .CO at second, but most of the answers mentioned the TLD without the reasons for why you like that TLD, for me, I'm not sure what exactly makes me like that one more than the other but when I see a great sale of a TLD, I feel motivated and get to like that TLD, also when I see many of sales of a specific TLD.

As I started domaining with almost no money so I like waiting for promotions which happened many times for .Co TLD that's why I have many of them. while I didn't notice any promotions for .IO for $1 or $2 so, it's difficult for me to have any of them, especially for renewing them.

My third is many ".NET / .ORG / .IO / .TV "

Of course, my first is .COM

•••
•••
Great topic! I think probably .co, but .org is when it is an appropriate name.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I have sold 26 domains in the 1st year of my domaining career, More than 60% of which were .net and .org

•••
•••
.WS My second Favorite

I can see from your list of domains that you like .ws because you have quite a few good keyword .ws domains. What is your average selling price for your .ws domains? I have never sold any keyword .ws domains personally. So I'm interested.

•••
I think I can safely say mine is .net.

That being said, I am not fully convinced of any other extension's commercial value (in terms of investing big bucks) other than .com.

I do acknowledge though, strong .nets do have commercial value.

Thanks

•••
What's your 2nd favorite Extension?
I think .com is my 2nd favorite extension because I know .top is my favorite extension.

Last edited:
•••
•••
my first is .COM of course and second is .Ph for Philippines

•••
OK. .ORG looks to be running away with it. I have a question for all those who have said .ORG is their next best extension after .COM

What kind of domains sell in .ORG? Is it commercial domains just like .COM, if .COM isn't available then get the .ORG (why not get the .NET?). Or Nonprofits; personal sites; open-source projects; mostly used by non-commercial entities. What is the typical price of an .ORG compared to the .COM

I've had some luck with 4L.org (mostly non profit). Look at uniregistrys' 63k sale of aah. I would stick to 3 and 4L, strong single keywords, and moving terms like riseup.org or ourplanet.org. makes me think of just getting into .Org saw foracause.org drop I wanted it so bad lol

•••
My 2nd favorite extension after .COM. is .org

Cheers
Corey

•••
.CO.IN and .IN domains
A lot of reasons to list, most importantly India is in a growth phase for the next few decades.
Used by major brands already. Generic domains still have a lot of room to grow in terms of price
Not a fly by night tld operator
English language market is big, next only to US
Open to registration (no residency requirements)

•••
•••
.com
.net
.org
.info

How should we read this? All 4 are your favorite 2nd choice extension, or that .net is your second choice extension?

•••
If I have to pick i think it depends on the situation, example would be .org for the crypto stuff and for video based it would be .tv

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back