IT.COM

discuss What's your 2nd favorite extension?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What's your 2nd favorite extension after .COM. Mine is .CO

I would like to add that I haven't had any success with selling anything other than .COM. So you 2nd favorite extension doesn't necessarily mean having commercial success.

Why do I like .CO? It's clean and tidy and 1 char shorter than .COM :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
.net

You should put a poll up at top of your thread.

•••
I can't decide between .org and .io , I've had great sales with both :)

•••
images (2).jpeg

•••
•••
•••
OK. Here are the results so far. This may not exactly tally with your count because if somebody wasn't 100% clear on their 2nd choice I had to make a decision.

15 .ORG
5 CO / .NET
3 .IO
2 .CA / US /.TV / .UK
1 .MEDIA / .RU / .XYZ / .IN / .CLUB

So it's fairly clear that .ORG is winning and the rest are pretty much all runners up.

•••
•••
•••
.org, .net and cctld

Last edited:
•••
OK. .ORG looks to be running away with it. I have a question for all those who have said .ORG is their next best extension after .COM

What kind of domains sell in .ORG? Is it commercial domains just like .COM, if .COM isn't available then get the .ORG (why not get the .NET?). Or Nonprofits; personal sites; open-source projects; mostly used by non-commercial entities. What is the typical price of an .ORG compared to the .COM

•••
•••
If it includes ngtld's then .one as every business wants to be number one in their specialty and it is a crisp clean looking extension. If it's not including ngtld's then after .com it's .org for me.

•••
If it includes ngtld's then .one as every business wants to be number one in their specialty and it is a crisp clean looking extension. If it's not including ngtld's then after .com it's .org for me.

The original question included every TLD on the planet. So your fine with .ONE

•••
where do i start lol

1 .com
2? Havent got a clue

But its one of these tho

I do like .uk as from the uk

But own a few two character emoji domains in .ws so i quite like .ws

I like .legal because i learnt a very very expensive lesson in domain name investing the hard way from a .legal domain i used to own which i still learn from that mistake all the time

And i quite like .gold which again will end up teaching me 4 lessons in domain name investing the hard way lol

But probably

1 .com
2 .uk
3 .ws
4 .gold
5 .legal

Or

1 .com
2 .com

Lol

Last edited:
•••
.net

You should put a poll up at top of your thread.

Nice thought. Appreciated. But which TLDs do I include or leave out? It's a tough choice. I'll do my best by tallying the results here.

•••
•••
Even though my first ever sale was a .co, and I hold a few still, I would not say it is my favourite after .com.

After some thought, perhaps surprisingly, I like .space. I find it very flexible, with different potential meanings, is cheap to renew as well as register, has excellent lack of abuse characteristics, and is relatively popular and even more so if you actually rate in terms of real use. I think it has future, even though just a handful of reported resales yet.

Having said that, I have more of my portfolio in several other extensions.

•••
1) .COM
2) .NET
3) .IO
4) .ORG
5) .CO

•••
Second .org for sure. Third would be .io

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi all: Still .com first and .CA second when selling up here, and when we can we will always acquire and deliver both. For end user sales in the rest of the world, our experience is that any attempt to move a client towards anything but .com is wasted effort. Except in Germany where .de rules…

•••
.io I've had several very nice sales with it and look forward to more with the one-word keyword .io names I've got.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back