Dynadot

discuss What's wrong with this name

NameSilo
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
ok need hand here

got gd offer ..lowball on this lately.. so that's how by pure chance I.saw it's not resolving for me... so I email dyna..they said it resolves..but I need to.check with bodis..so I email bodis..they say works.fine... still for me I get error..see.pic..

can u guys see if it.works for ya?

I run latest android plus chrome..didnt check all my 1k names..but others seem work

all u techies.. u think its device.related? if so.many others can also be unable to.view this page?

bitcoinlatestnews.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DNS not resolving.

DNS_Propagation_Check.png

Last edited:
•••
If you don't know how to edit your DNS at your registrar, you should contact their support and ask them to kindly remove the DS record for that domain. You can check if they have removed it a) in whois, or b) by querying DNS with dig.

Current info from whois for the domain you mentioned (Updated Date: 2021-05-28T08:06:07Z):

DNSSEC: signedDelegation
DNSSEC DS Data: 5584 13 2 B3EF78EC0D8BAA8402343EC92F41CCD6360BD84F31F81A3B43E075D951188087

Current info with dig:

$ dig +short ds bitcoinlatestnews.com
5584 13 2 B3EF78EC0D8BAA8402343EC92F41CCD6360BD84F31F81A3B43E075D9 51188087

More reports from people that it is working or not working for them are not necessary. It's something only OP can fix. This issue happens more often when a domain with (DNSSEC) history gets transferred or pushed without cleaning the legacy DNS settings for the domain. You will experience it sometimes for one or a few domains in your portfolio, not for all of them.

Last edited:
•••
Works fine here, change your browser and try again

•••
The domain resolves just fine at my end too. Clear Chrome's cache/cookies or use a different browser. That should do the trick. Even better, clear your phone's cache and check for memory slogs.

Alternatively... you could simply check if the name resolves on your desktop browser.

•••
•••
hmm does it mean potentially half our names are not vviewable by half.countries around world? and we don't even know it..wow that's a.grim picture for potential buyers
@AEProgram gave you a useful hint. Disable DNSSEC on that domain.

•••
''Server is not responding'' for me as well, no access (Latvia).

•••
•••
transfer to sav done.
record removed.
one click fix. cool

should work now

Last edited:
•••
•••
tnx ..at this time I only own phone.. I tested with cleared cache.. same error. same in incognito..

•••
Looks like it's geo restricted or ISP restricted.

•••
•••
Hmm, works fine for me too (UK)

•••
does not resolve, remove the ds entry in case that is doing something

•••
It works from PC not sure mobile, it is not excluded your ISP is blocking the domain.

For example I can't access Domaingang website it throws (DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE) in Brave, but with proxy enabled in Epic browser i can view it, have seen lately many such websites that look as offline but they are not.
So i suspect it's ISP together with government are restricting specific domain names on purpose.

•••
post another one of your names

well I mean u know.. I have like 1k names..i didnt. click em all but most work for me.im but from what I understand here ... even if work for me..or u... it.may be blocked in 50 other countries
..isps..etc...

so all in all if.we.took.all domains in world and all visitors...I'd say maybe what..20 or 30percent of our potential buyers never get to our landers.. good.guess?

•••
•••
•••
yeah.. ghost ds record was.culprit here

since dyna ain't helping with this name...and sav has one.click Button solution.to remove ds record
...I'm just gonna ttansfer it to sav.. like I do most names anyway...

learned something new.. make sure u check yer ghost ds records..they can come from various places it seems.. like me I'm sure most domainers have at least handful of names that never resolve.. nobody can know unless they check.each name lander.. and how many of us do.that..

cheers

Last edited:
•••
@alcy it would be great if domain marketplaces, which do not implement DNSSEC for client domains, scan for these legacy DS records themselves in bulk, and inform their affected customers that there may be issues with resolving because of this. It will save them support tickets and troubleshooting resources as well.

I will copy @DAN.COM here.

true. there is no way in hell I'm the only one with such ghost records.. it's too bad.. cause it means across all domainers 1000s of names will never be reachable via lander to buyers

like me.. most people have no clue about ghost ds records.. I imagine most registrars dont easily show them either.. on sav u just click domain and record there..but even so how can most know it needs removing

anyway..
...the dark side of domaining I guess heheh

•••
Besides VPN issues there could cache and cookies and antivirus issues to limit access. User has troubleshooted issue but not everyone refreshes browsers.
The problem had to do with a legacy DS record that was still present on @alcy's domain. Only the removal of this record helped fixing the problem. This is not a browser/cookies/etc. issue at all. It has to do with domain resolution, especially DNSSEC and validating resolvers.

•••
screen...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220411-093143_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220411-093143_Chrome.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 85
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back