Dynadot

What's wrong with resellers?

NameSilo
Watch

Christian Taylor

Established Member
Impact
I hear a lot about people not liking enom resellers. Example: "I don't care for Namecheap because they are an enom reseller." What's wrong with enom? I never had an issue with my time at Namecheap. I did end up switching because other registrars are cheaper - is that where the problem lies? I suppose since both enom and Namecheap have to have a profit margin, that can drive up the cost.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing is wrong i think. Namecheap is OK. There are still better and cheaper registrars out there...

•••
I've never heard anyone say that.
I never had any major issues with NC and have been using them for years.
All of my domains are currently at NC. Anytime I had an issue or a question, support got on it real quick and solved it.

•••
The list of what's wrong with eNom is too long to post here : grin : I would think there are old school domainers who still hold a grudge over RegisterFly

NameCheap has possibly the worst UI ever and there is NO way to get a bulk list of Auth Codes - not even support can generate it for you. They have to send you a flippin email for each and every single Auth Code individually and you have to tediously create a bulk list by hand.

NameCheap is not a domainer friendly registrar - FTR I had close to 300 names there, if you only have a handful, then you would not be likely to have these issues.

Sadly they do have great support but not enough to overcome the domain management hassles.

/vent

•••
NameCheap has possibly the worst UI ever and there is NO way to get a bulk list of Auth Codes - not even support can generate it for you. They have to send you a flippin email for each and every single Auth Code individually and you have to tediously create a bulk list by hand.

NameCheap is not a domainer friendly registrar - FTR I had close to 300 names there, if you only have a handful, then you would not be likely to have these issues.

Yup, I've only got 25 or so... that might be why I haven't bumped into any of these issues. I just started doing this in December. lol

•••
NameCheap is accredited by ICANN for many years...
Why they are still doing business (for some gTLDs) under eNom - I don't understand...

Last edited:
•••
And Yes, for Bulk regs and transfer-outs - very unsuitable registrar...

•••
NameCheap is accredited by ICANN for many years...
Why they are still doing business (for some gTLDs) under eNom - I don't understand...

I was wondering this as well..

Yet, I still don't know what's "wrong" with eNom. I mean, why do people not like them?

•••
•••
eNom accounts are usually being hacked by Chineses...

Last edited:
•••
•••
BTW, eNom is already purchased by TUCOWS, as I know...

•••
enom has virtually non-existent support, like waiting days or weeks and IF they answer, then they can't answer correctly or they are not helpful

The only reason I still have my enom reseller account is because of regfly. Then last year I reactivated to use API for dropcatching only to find out they don't actually have real-time registration, now my deposit is non-refundable. I attempted to simply register a domain, just to use up the funding and it would not process, finally I overrode it by using my API LOL

If you search for RegisterFly you will find horror stories about people who lost domains and revenue and eNom proly should have covered the losses as the parent registrar but did not.

Last edited:
•••
NC - is a registrar of Russian diaspora in the USA...

•••
•••
I use NC only for promo regs and transfers...
Their standard fees and Renewals are uncompetitive.

•••
I use NC only for promo regs and transfers...
Their standard fees and Renewals are uncompetitive.

For sure - my eyes were just opened to that. I used to renew with them as I thought they were cheap (they are compared to GoDaddy), but then I discovered NameSilo and Uniregistry. I am transferring my domains to Uniregistry.

•••
$8.99 .com/.net/.org/.biz Transfer at ELB...
$7.99 .info Transfer.

+ you may ask individual prices at Epik and they offer FREE escrow for their domains as well...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
If longterm and sales - then individual conditions at Epik.

•••
I have individual prices with Uniregistry as well, but my Epik prices are lower and FREE escrow...

Last edited:
•••
If you search for RegisterFly you will find horror stories about people who lost domains and revenue and eNom proly should have covered the losses as the parent registrar but did not.

registerfly was a registrar. godaddy made a deal to take over their domain names.

regular customers had their domains and accounts transferred to godaddy. my registerfly account was transferred to godaddy.

maybe resellers were handled differently. ??

Last edited:
•••
Rebel UI is almost as bad as NC : smile :

Long term I am in agreement with @Jurgen Wolf - eventually I will end up at Epik, I'm still transfer hopping to build up years before that. IF you want to transfer hop, the best deal is $4.99 COM at Alpnames, and with their $8.75 renewal (reseller cheaper still) I might just leave some there just to not have all my eggs in one basket anyway.

And I totally understand @Christian Taylor you have just your own names, not domainer numbers. You keep hanging out here and you might end up with more : wink :

ps alpnames deal link
https://www.namepros.com/threads/4-...nd-transfers-courtesy-of-alpnames-com.997033/

Last edited:
•••
ELB, Alpnames = LogicBoxes panel.
Bulk AUTH-codes export is impossible there.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back