Dynadot

What's wrong with resellers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Christian Taylor

Established Member
Impact
I hear a lot about people not liking enom resellers. Example: "I don't care for Namecheap because they are an enom reseller." What's wrong with enom? I never had an issue with my time at Namecheap. I did end up switching because other registrars are cheaper - is that where the problem lies? I suppose since both enom and Namecheap have to have a profit margin, that can drive up the cost.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameCheap is accredited by ICANN for many years...
Why they are still doing business (for some gTLDs) under eNom - I don't understand...

I think they are very aware of what happened in the the large eNom reseller that went bankrupt a few years back. There name escapes me. Ahh yes... Registerfly. They don't want to break something which is not broken. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
ELB, Alpnames = LogicBoxes panel.
Bulk AUTH-codes export is impossible there.
I have ~1.2K domains with these registrars cumulatively - and at now it is a BIG problem for me... ))))

•••
•••
Not agents only... their management as well.

•••
I think they are very aware of what happened in the the large eNom reseller that went bankrupt a few years back. There name escapes me. They don't want to break something which is not broken. IMHO.
I think that eNom has lower prices from some Registries than NC, that's why they still use it...

•••
Anybody who uses the eNom servers can be blacklisted as trademark violators because of enom's contract with LegitScript.com on a list it is impossible to get off. That includes almost all NameCheap.domains. A definite negative downside for both enom and namecheap.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back