Dynadot

opinion What's the worst buy ever?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DrJacoby

Top Member
Impact
I was playing The Domain Game when one question was: what did FreeQuotes.com sell for in 2009 at NetSol?

Four alternatives:
  1. $100-$999
  2. $1,000-$9,999
  3. $10,000-$99,000
  4. $100,000+
I of course answered #1, but that wasn't even close. It sold for $210,000!

Sorry if I sound harsh, but the buyer must be mentally retarded. I see no other rational explanation.

What's the most ridiculous buy you have ever seen?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I saw candy(.)com sold for 3 million

How much candy does one need to sell for that to pay itself ? Candy is a low margin product to sell. I just don’t think that word deserves to be in the top 20 all time highest priced sales of domains.

Its not super ridiculous as its one word but I wonder how much it would go for in today's market

500k?

•••
I saw candy(.)com sold for 3 million

How much candy does one need to sell for that to pay itself ? Candy is a low margin product to sell. I just don’t think that word deserves to be in the top 20 all time highest priced sales of domains.

Its not super ridiculous as its one word but I wonder how much it would go for in today's market

500k?
Tell that to Rick Schwartz and he would probably laugh until he got a heart attack. Or he would get so mad that he punched you in the face.

•••
Apparently it was worth every penny.

•••
Another braindead buyer:

1stBandwidth.com – $800,000

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back