NameSilo

question What's the hardest part of 'domaining'?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
If a newbie was to ask you, 'so, what's the hardest part of 'domaining'?' , what would you tell them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
🎵 The waiting is the hardest part 🎵

•••
@karmaco Beat me to it

Assuming you've bought right, with a fair resale price and perfectly saleable...waiting. IMO

Last edited:
•••
At least for some the hardest part of domaining is definitely to accept the circumstance that "com" (or any other letter combination except the letter combination "top") is not "top" and the downvotes / dislikes are just proving that.

Last edited:
•••
At least for some the hardest part of domaining is definitely to accept the circumstance that "com" (or any other letter combination except the letter combination "top") is not "top" and the downvotes / dislikes are just proving that.
A wave of absolute disapproval is coming your way. Hold on tight

•••
•••
I beleive the most difficult part is to consistently grind through thousands of names daily. The acquisition/buying part has become extremely difficult in recent years so you need focus to find those gems.

•••
•••
1. Contrarian thinking. Sticking to your vision.
2. Inaction

•••
dealing with tech support... by far the biggest obstacle for me and hardest part to deal with

•••
•••
Acquiring the necessary knowledge.

•••
Hey man, I want to let you know I thought about one of your comments while I was going about my day. It was the one where you said .xyz = queen, .com = king, and .top = top and you were downvoted to oblivion.

For some reason I found that hilarious and had a good hearty laugh 😂😭 Thanks for that!!

Also, you’re right: .top = top. No questioning that! 💯

Last edited:
•••
Getting good names for the right price.

•••
For me, letting go. Not everything we touch turns to gold.

•••
Hey man, I want to let you know I thought about one of your comments while I was going about my day. It was the one where you said .xyz = queen, .com = king, and .top = top and you were downvoted to oblivion.

For some reason I found that hilarious and had a good hearty laugh 😂😭 Thanks for that!!

Also, you’re right: .top = top. No questioning that! 💯

🎲

Well, thanks.

It's refreshing to get such a feedback after (or between) all those (ridiculous) downvotes (I don't know why I received them, maybe the "downvoters" thought it will make the queen (or the king) top (or the top not top) but at the end I don't care), even I found it hilarious.

I think the hardest part of domaining for me is probably to accept that some domainers think the hierarchy ends at the crown.

•••
•••
have a 5 year plan instead of a monthly plan. lol. :)

•••
Apart from agreeing with @DOMAIN ILLUMINATI that .top is the top domain name extension, and having to upvote all his downvotes, for me the hardest part of being a domainer is the overwhelming rejection by the haters for developing domain names as a legitimate way of monetising domain names (with ads or to sell). I know Godaddy, PC Mag, Medium, Domaining, Flippa, Financial Samurai and many others agree with me, and I was blown away by the love this community showed for my very rough guide how to develop domain names for profit. It's just tough being in the correct minority and having so few domainers to discuss it with. Although the few on here that really know their sh!t make it all worthwhile. As does my bank account. Love not war. Hope not hate. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I beleive the most difficult part is to consistently grind through thousands of names daily. The acquisition/buying part has become extremely difficult in recent years so you need focus to find those gems.

There may come a point in the future when there are virtually no 'good' names left to reg, and all acquisitions are funneled through the aftermarkets and auction platforms.

•••
When buying, competition. For example it is impossible to handreg the worst 4L .com, or meta.something
When selling, agents/marketplaces manipulate leads, prevents sales, or get their own shares more than the commission.

•••
Quantifying your babies’ worth.

This would imply putting a BIN instead of the vague annoying “make offer” or contact me. BINs’ are statistically proven to be more successful. Wish more.

Last edited:
•••
it is a journey of learning.....failures are only delays ,patience and then the glory

love this BS hobby, nothing to lose and just having fun

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back