Dynadot

What's the Domain Age for Expired Domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I have two domains that expired last month. I did not renew them for now but I have the option to reactivate them. It's still available. Those domains are already two years old.

If I reactivate them today, what would be the age of those two domains? Will it go back to ZERO? Or the domain age is counted from two years ago so it's still 2 years old plus if I reactivate them today.

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you reactivate them before they drop they will retain their age. If you reactivate them after they drop, they will be new registrations.

•••
Thanks for the info. How will you know that a registrar has dropped the domain from their list? Usually how many months will an expired domain be dropped by the registrar?

•••
Name Age

If you reactivate them before they drop they will retain their age. If you reactivate them after they drop, they will be new registrations.

I've picked up dropped names before that seem to keep their age, that's at least according to the domain name age databases I've used. Maybe this just reflects old data I'm not sure but my dropped domains all seem to keep their age.

•••
So, what is the most uptodate, reliable domain age checker tool online?

•••
Check out the whois (whois.domaintools.com). If the creation date shown is when you first registered the domain, it was dropped.

•••
I've picked up dropped names before that seem to keep their age, that's at least according to the domain name age databases I've used. Maybe this just reflects old data I'm not sure but my dropped domains all seem to keep their age.

if you purchased them from GoDaddy Auctions, SnapNames, NameJet or any similar auction platform they weren't dropped, so they kept their age.

•••
I bought them from Namecheap.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back