Dynadot

What's the best appraisal site to use?

NameSilo
Watch

JeffPratt

Established Member
Impact
Is there a site that is better than the other at appraising domain names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah, there are some guys here which are fair...and i don't mean to disrespect them....also all the moderators were very helpful and patient with me, i congratulate them on their fairness...but this is not constructive for me....i don't like to argue, and feel bad after every stupid arguement

guess what i bought for myself today

s3x.co :D

and that other .co, which i own is a-b.co

no 2, or 3 letter words

•••
Many sales are one of a kind, so observing reported sales is not enough. You have to understand the underlying trends too - for example domains with an obvious commercial use are more sellable. Of course there is the luck factor but it is marginal. The fact is, only a tiny minority of registered domains will ever sell... sales are the exception, not the norm.
Every domainer thinks his/her domains are 'special' but think again. The market is unforgiving.

•••
s3x.com sold for 6.500 $
s3x.biz sold for 389$
s3x.de sold for 2.500 euros

i'm just following logic and pattern...of course not all will be sold

s3x sells :red:

Looks like the interest in s3x might be 3x=XXX perhaps sex xxx Goodluck

•••
freaking dot .co :lol:

september 2012

rocket.co sold 16k sedo
roads.co sold 6.666$ sedo
badger.co sold 1.000$ sedo
tnc.co sold 1.500 sedo
cruises.co 82.500$ private
cinema.co sold 13.000$ sedo
ishot.co sold 4.000$ afternic
need.co sold 5.000 sedo
esl.co sold 3.870 sedo
dmz.co sold 1.250 sedo
odp.co sold 1.200 afternic

and so on...freaking .co :bah:

after i sell this domain on auction, i'm moving to sedo, and will not be here anymore, got nothing to learn here...or to learn every other's people idea values 0$ or reg fee :hearts:

Travel well my friend. :)

•••
If you had the mathematical skills, programming knowledge for all the equations, variables etc to create a accurate domain names pricing tool why would you make one when there are far more profitable “ Predictors” e.g. futures market , gold etc with less variables and your returns would be vast….

Or even if by some miracle have all the skills and managed to do so why would you give it away free or charge when you could simply input names for sale or even unregged words and buy at less that true value and sell on and make a killing...

•••
Answer: Not everyone expects or even wants money for their efforts. They simply wanna help.

If you had the mathematical skills, programming knowledge for all the equations, variables etc to create a accurate domain names pricing tool why would you make one when there are far more profitable “ Predictors” e.g. futures market , gold etc with less variables and your returns would be vast….

Or even if by some miracle have all the skills and managed to do so why would you give it away free or charge when you could simply input names for sale or even unregged words and buy at less that true value and sell on and make a killing...

•••
moniker.com
Afternic.com
Sedo.com
Domain-Cost.com
DomainMart.com
DnJournal.com

•••

If you had a system you "could post a full page ad in the WSJ explaining the ... rules and still have people lose money using the system" - paraphrased from Richard Dennis

I have yet to sell a domain for what it was appraised for. People let domains drop which have received significant appraisal estimates.

I think that the value of a name is partly due to the effort put in by the seller. Approaching a potential buyer with a name with traffic, income, etc. and bringing the buyer up to speed on where it could go can add a lot of jingle to the final price realized - this contrasted with a seller popping the name on e*ay with only 2 post auction days left to expire. Same name, different effort, different perceived value.

Lastly, I think an appraisal system should take into account not only the names sold but also the number of names dropped or bulk sold for a few bucks. If you want an average valuation for the name. Then we would realize the there is a range of prices realized over and under the appraisal.

ok, I'll stop here, my thoughts are :wave: away.

ok, just one more thought: Thank goodness domain names are not case sensitive!

Last edited:
•••
Answer: Not everyone expects or even wants money for their efforts. They simply wanna help.

Certainly come across very clever, dedicated and generous people who produce, invent, manufacture for the benefit of mankind ,, but a tool for domainers isn’t really ticking those boxes… as one has not yet been made looks like no one wants too either… in theory mathematically it is possible reality I doubt it will ever happen... All appraisal sites I've seen I wouldn’t ever believe there prices,, Unless of course it were valuing my own names then of course there 100% accurate :D

Last edited:
•••
Is there a site that is better than the other at appraising domain names?

I think public opinion in places like namepros is perhaps the best, it would not be any automated system........ that's for sure

•••
There are. You're just not looking ;)

Certainly come across very clever, dedicated and generous people who produce, invent, manufacture for the benefit of mankind ,, but a tool for domainers isn’t really ticking those boxes… as one has not yet been made looks like no one wants too either… in theory mathematically it is possible reality I doubt it will ever happen... All appraisal sites I've seen I wouldn’t ever believe there prices,, Unless of course it were valuing my own names then of course there 100% accurate :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back