IT.COM

auctions Whats going on with BitcoinBoss.com Auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
BitcoinBoss.com Expired Auction on Godaddy is at $13,000 at the moment.

What is going on? there's no way this domain is worth 13k, and it still has 6 hours to go

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"there's no way this domain is worth 13k" = Could be a developer or end user.. Either way, most people lose money with domain names so that also could explain it.

•••
Yep, I am watching this one too. I felt my bid was strong at the beginning...HA!

It is clearly someone that got in when the coin was in the hundreds and they have made a killing...it is an ego buy, which I fully understand. Not that it could not be a coin selling/investing site, and it probably ends up being that, but it is the ability to say 'I AM the BitcoinBoss' that is the driving force.

•••
Saw it, probably some enthusiast wanting to make something out of it.

•••
For an end user, totally worth it. Have sold many similar names for 2x that.

Most crypto projects aim for big profits, regardless of how unfeasible they are, and cryptoassets are on a solid growth path again, with FB launching their own coin. So $13k in that context isn't a big investment.

That said, they could've rather have bid on my BitcoinMarket.com, currently at $xxx and no reserve.😉

•••
For an end user, totally worth it. Have sold many similar names for 2x that.

Most crypto projects aim for big profits, regardless of how unfeasible they are, and cryptoassets are on a solid growth path again, with FB launching their own coin. So $13k in that context isn't a big investment.

That said, they could've rather have bid on my BitcoinMarket.com, currently at $xxx and no reserve.😉

How do I put a listing on NameJet?

•••
•••

Although it's limited to Bitcoin that's one killer domain you have there! Definitely worth way more than $xxx. Good luck!

•••
Although it's limited to Bitcoin that's one killer domain you have there! Definitely worth way more than $xxx. Good luck!

In a certain way being limited to Bitcoin works in its favor as Bitcoin is the first coin newcomers hear about, and it can be branded as a general purpose site for Bitcoin and everything else.

Search volume for "Bitcoin Market" is much higher than for "Crypto Market", for example, with Estibot giving a valuation 200x higher to the former than to the later (clearly distorted though).

Would you find it strange if a site called GoldMarket also dealt with other precious metals? I don't think so.

•••
In a certain way being limited to Bitcoin works in its favor as Bitcoin is the first coin newcomers hear about, and it can be branded as a general purpose site for Bitcoin and everything else.

Search volume for "Bitcoin Market" is much higher than for "Crypto Market", for example, with Estibot giving a valuation 200x higher to the former than to the later (clearly distorted though).

Would you find it strange if a site called GoldMarket also dealt with other precious metals? I don't think so.

Good point. I'm watching the auction ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back