Dynadot

What's a good tactics on beating this guy on Snapnames

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I thought I was the only one who might ended up snapping it but some guy is on it too and I dont want him to keep increasing the price for the domain like he is already doing. I stop messing with him.

Whats a good tactic to win a auction on snapnames.com? I really really want this domain but I dont want it to be way too much. I bet its those buydomains.com devils and I know if they win it, they might put it there for couple of thousands.

whats are some good tips or tactics to win a domain that you and someone are in a auction to win it? I will definately stay up and mess with it until the last 1min before making my next bid. I'm just happy its just me and him

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
value said:
If this person is really chinese then he have no business owning or usign this name is he trying to win because it dont look like something that will interest him.

hmm, tell that to Yun Ye who has no business owning the names he grabbed and sold for $164,000,000. Yun Ye had no business grabbing my company name back in 2001 and selling it to me for around $4k too...

•••
mole from your list it looks like bonker, dubya and halvarez are some rich folks. I saw their names on most snapnames bid list. I bet they might be some type of snapnames.com bot or employees

•••
there's another guy won't disclose his email right now.... he's a $pam King millionaire, if you google him we're talking about lots of UDRPs WIPOs etc. He goes OTT a lot of times in bids .. and he knows his stuff, buying premium DNs in the after-market too I'm talking LL.COM/NET.ORG but that's life... :)

•••
vaxis and benfranklin seem to be consistently loaded with cash... I hear (rumor) that Frank Schilling (benfranklin) struck a financing deal with Michael Dell of Dell and earns $36million in PPC a year... ahh, the urban legends... whatever it is, I don't ever want to meet these two on a name I really want...

•••
I'd say 99% of the names that worth this kind of money are traded privately. That's my experience with the exception of the ocassional drop which is more of a "owner's ignorance" and ends up costing him/her a good $xxK to recover :) The guy I'm referring to has a *hint*hint* AOL email ;)

•••
maroulis said:
The guy I'm referring to has a *hint*hint* AOL email ;)

Spill the beans, lis! :yell: This is RUMOR day :D

•••
not yet...might PM you but don't want it public :)

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
I am halvarez. If anyone has a problem with that I will outbid you on every auction just out of spite. Thank you.

:lol:

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
I am halvarez. If anyone has a problem with that I will outbid you on every auction just out of spite. Thank you.

Off with his head :yell: :lol: Just kidding of course - don't be offended - It's just nice to know who has the deepest pockets when you come up against people at snapnames.
I have bailed out on a few names at a low price because I knew I would'nt be able to out bid the other guy - I took the "nice option" and did'nt waste his money either !!

I would do the same against you too halvarez / the legendaryJP ?? :) No point in making the registers any richer IMO

•••
•••
gazzip said:
Off with his head :yell: :lol: Just kidding of course - don't be offended - It's just nice to know who has the deepest pockets when you come up against people at snapnames.
I have bailed out on a few names at a low price because I knew I would'nt be able to out bid the other guy - I took the "nice option" and did'nt waste his money either !!

I would do the same against you too halvarez / the legendaryJP ?? :) No point in making the registers any richer IMO

what if its a domain name you want for a company (in my case) you are trying to establish ?

I could care less about a register company making money because who ever win it over you might sell it for twice the price anyway.

I mean what money will this chinese guy get off this domain anyway because its a local company for crying out loud and from what I know, this is one of the smallest state in U.S so a domain directed towards that site wont get any one rich if they parked it. thats just silly.

I will put my bid up to 501, if he win it who cares. Luckily, I already register the .net and .org so fair game.

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
Is your ID gazzip on snap?

Nah - It's Vaxis :lol:

•••
•••
value said:
what if its a domain name you want for a company (in my case) you are trying to establish ?

I could care less about a register company making money because who ever win it over you might sell it for twice the price anyway.

I mean what money will this chinese guy get off this domain anyway because its a local company for crying out loud and from what I know, this is one of the smallest state in U.S so a domain directed towards that site wont get any one rich if they parked it. thats just silly.

I will put my bid up to 501, if he win it who cares. Luckily, I already register the .net and .org so fair game.

In your case you have to bid to what you can afford - what I was reffering to is some people when they see "the big players" keep bidding the price up to piss them off even though they have no intention of buying it :td:

It always helps to know who your Opponents are and what they are capable of.

Best of luck to you :)

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
I could never do that to a fellow legend " mole ". btw how's the yacht working out? I sent along two jet ski's as a thank you for quick payment.

If the net was available to reg I dont even have to see the dot com to know I wouldnt pay $500 for it. Call me brash :hehe:

If you have a spare Kawasaki 800 sx-r can you send it my way ?? :xf.love:

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
If the net was available to reg I dont even have to see the dot com to know I wouldnt pay $500 for it.

True, you forgot to register the most important extensions .INFO and .BIZ....hmmm

•••
big strap-on battle right now... anybody watching?

somebody mentioned franklin?

BenFranklin - 2006-02-03 16:19:05
dagroup - 2006-02-03 16:18:42
You $990.00 2006-02-03 16:18:59
BenFranklin - 2006-02-03 16:18:25
BenFranklin - 2006-02-03 16:18:24
You $880.00 2006-02-03 16:18:00

•••
•••
strapon.net $1325 4 min to go as mr Franklin keeps entering bid in under 5 min...

try me YAHOO i'm at work msn is blocked ffs today (!) maroulis_nt or DNE chat

•••
•••
$2600 dagroup - which I suspect owns the .com or is in XXX business lol franklin gave up...

•••
dagroup recently bought alternativeenergy.com for over $50k at Snaps. Rick Swatch was right as usual, the wannabe late comers are overpaying through their nostrils and earholes. In the last dotcom bust back in 2000, billions of dollars of real money were lost in the wisp of a smoke, I think we can begin to understand where the next losses will be fed from...

Frank (benfranklin) is a smart cookie..

•••
I stopped bidding just under $1000... great name with potential/etc but def not worth $2.6K franklin went all the way to $2.5K

interesting about alternativeenergy didn't know it was same guy..

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
I could never do that to a fellow legend " mole ". btw how's the yacht working out? I sent along two jet ski's as a thank you for quick payment.

If the net was available to reg I dont even have to see the dot com to know I wouldnt pay $500 for it. Call me brash :hehe:

actually, I had the .net awhile ago and the .org was available about a week ago. I ended up getting the .org after I notice the .com status was pending delete so I was hoping I might be able to get all extensions.

the domain is worth ALOT more than $500 but $500 is my budget for it

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back