What's a good ftp program?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Phat-Cat

Account Closed
Impact
1
I need one and I know a lot about web pages, but I guess I skipped the lesson about FTP :hehe: anywho anyone mine explaing some things to me?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
FileZilla is my personal favorite.

FTP is simply copying files from your computer (like your webpages) to the remote server which hosts your website. ;)
 
0
•••
SmartFTP :D
 
0
•••
I second FileZilla. It's free, open source, and works great. Plus, if you are ever in the need for an FTP server, there is a FileZilla one to go along with your client.
 
0
•••
angisson said:
SmartFTP :D

I'll second that! Always works well for me
Haven't had any probs yet :)
 
0
•••
AAAAAAAAHHHHH 2 2nds for each one I need mroe votes. ><
 
0
•••
0
•••
ACEFTP Is best IMO Simple to use just drag and drop, and it's free :)
 
0
•••
I prefer WS_FTP Pro, but it's hard to explain it to you without knowing which program you're using because they can all be quite different.
 
0
•••
I have tried many FTP clients, including smart FTP, filezilla, cute FTP, and more. So far, I have yet to find an FTP client that rivals filezilla. Filezilla is simply the best: you can upload multiple files at the same time, it stores all your usernames/passwords, and it's simply the fastest FTP program I've used.

I have used smart FTP before but I did not like having to change my view settings all the time in order to see my local files. On top of that, the layout wasted a lot of space with poorly placed buttons and just too many 'extras' that is definitely not necessary.

All you gotta do is drag n drop..
 
0
•••
CuteFTP Pro :)
Its fast and easy to use.
 
0
•••
JYM said:
I have tried many FTP clients, including smart FTP, filezilla, cute FTP, and more. So far, I have yet to find an FTP client that rivals filezilla. Filezilla is simply the best: you can upload multiple files at the same time, it stores all your usernames/passwords, and it's simply the fastest FTP program I've used.

I have used smart FTP before but I did not like having to change my view settings all the time in order to see my local files. On top of that, the layout wasted a lot of space with poorly placed buttons and just too many 'extras' that is definitely not necessary.

All you gotta do is drag n drop..

I cannot agree more. Over the years, the best ftp program for me as well has been filezilla.
 
0
•••
I am using filezilla too. It is free to download.
I also use wsftp too. It is no longer free.
 
0
•••
I use both CuteFTP & SmartFTP. But I found SmartFTP more useful.
 
0
•••
I'm hooked on SmartFTP :)
 
0
•••
For me a good FTP client is a program that "knows" more than just it. I use Total commander to browse the files on my pc and also for FTP transfers.
 
0
•••
Use the Total Commander's FTP ability, works great for me.

All the best,

SW
 
0
•••
I also use Filezilla....its free and very functional
 
0
•••
Id go with either of the following:

FlashFXP
UltraFTP
FTPRush
 
0
•••
SmartFTP

Definitely SmartFTP. Simple and reliable.

Good luck!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back