What's a good ftp program?

SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Phat-Cat

Account Closed
Impact
1
I need one and I know a lot about web pages, but I guess I skipped the lesson about FTP :hehe: anywho anyone mine explaing some things to me?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
I don't want to count how many people have already said it, but I agree with the SmartFTP crowd.

However, noone has actually given a link to it yet, so here you go: http://www.smartftp.com

(yeah, I know you could've figured that out and all, but figured I'd throw it up as long as I was posting)
 
0
•••
Another vote for FileZilla :P
 
0
•••
I got hooked on cuteftp years ago (ver 4.2). I refuse to upgrade because of 1 neat feature. Live file editing. With cuteftp I can "edit" a remote file....it will download a temp file, open cutehtml, and then I click "save to remote" and BAM....live file editing.

I can find and replace and edit 30-40 files with no problems doing this (maybe more never tried). CuteFTP saves all my passwords and accounts as well. You can even export the list for backup or viewing in case you forgot the password. CuteFTP also allows for multiple file or folder uploads.

Anyways it's been good to me for about 5-6 years now. I tried smartftp..lacks the features I normally used (mentioned above) but I find it an excellent free replacement.

CuteFTP is not free and I can't even recommend you buy the latest version. IMHO it sucks.
 
0
•••
another vote here for filezilla.
 
0
•••
Ftp program I like to use the most is called FlashFxp its good cause you can log on to 2 ftps and transfer files from each of your site. I havent had any problems with it
 
0
•••
Total Commander - work with FTP, like with local folders..

Or FAR :)
 
0
•••
I think CuteFTP is the best one out there. It's not free, but if you can buy it its awesome! Very easy to use. I have tryed many FTP programs, but CuteFTP was the best one.
 
0
•••
FileZilla is fast and good,I think on cuteFTP you can't delete files you may accendtly put on the site.
 
0
•••
i think smartftp is good
 
0
•••
0
•••
NextFTP is the good one, as it is very light to use.
 
0
•••
for sure filezilla
 
0
•••
Fetch.
 
0
•••
I use FileZilla - open source, free and works fine.
 
0
•••
SmartFTP for me.

Great program.
 
0
•••
filezilla on PC and fetch on a mac
 
0
•••
Free: Filezilla
Paid: CuteFTP, WSFTP
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back