Dynadot

question Whatever happened to Emoji Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
emoji-domain-image.png

When emoji domains exploded on the market a lot of namepros members thought they were the next big ticket to making money. Like a lot of new things there was the initial land rush and even a few extraordinary sales.

The question is where are they today? I cannot remember coming across even a single emoji domain advertised anywhere or even used for commercial purposes.

How many namepros members still own emoji domains and do you expect to make a profit from them?

Who has given up on them and who has lost money on them.

Will they become more useful in the future or will they just fade into oblivion?

Lets discuss and get some feedback from both sides of the coin.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are there active websites using these emoji domains?

•••
i am glad i am not reading this thread with a bank of sad face domains.
Just some domains way to long.

•••
I wouldn't mind single smirk.

•••
Same reason i have interest but the extensions all suck if it was dot com there would have been a lot more interest.
Yeah I do agree, I think .to makes sense though as a shortener.

Then it’s like “<brand>.to/twitter” for example.

I think they are more for usability rather than to sell on for more.

•••
•••
•••
•••
almost two years now come September..NP displaying emojis @Page Howe ;)

Anyone else thinks it sucks the .ai extension killed all emojis with them? I think it was a year or two back, but man, some of them went really great with .ai, eg. the robot, computer, yin yang emojis

get offers around the $500 mark for my single character .ws emojis, simply cannot accept.. many of these are so rare. once you sell it's gone forever.
Exactly. Why dont we feel and price our other domains the same way. There is only one of every domain. Hmmmm

•••
Good call...does it resolve??

•••
I remember there wasn't a rush on them and almost the opposite and would take a lot of convincing to get people to buy them.

What I do have is smuggish dot com maybe that smug face emjoi owner will want it.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back